Thread: Air Arms S410 Carbine Review : A very nice rifle, perfect for all including beginners

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    98 shots seems a hell of a lot for a Un regged 400k in .22.Your 70 seems much more like it. I get 45 to 50 in .177. Having said that the chap was only shooting at 25 yards so maybe he doesn't notice drop off at that range. But I would definitely be happy with 70 shots and imo that's about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    98 shots seems a hell of a lot for a Un regged 400k in .22.Your 70 seems much more like it. I get 45 to 50 in .177. Having said that the chap was only shooting at 25 yards so maybe he doesn't notice drop off at that range. But I would definitely be happy with 70 shots and imo that's about right.
    Mine is about 65. I have fallen for these sort of claims in the past with my HW 100 KT. Some people were claiming 6 full magazines from the 100cc bottle. You do the maths if you wish but it was just not possible at any reasonable power level, yes at 10.2 ft.lbs perhaps 5 full mags but never 6.
    The same goes with the AA, I think 70 is a reasonable shot cout. The S400 is a very simple rifle and the only three variables are the hammer spring, the valve spring and the position of the power adjuster (AT) grub screw. If the pot is set to the standard lenght then the guns are more or less similar in the number of shots they return as the final power adjustment is done by the grub screw and then the security torx screw is broken off. The size of TP does make a difference if the gun is regulated as it allows the gun to work at a lower pressure so it uses less air and the shot count gors up. But I'd be happy with 70 and would leave the gun alone.

A.G