Thread: Are BSA worth a look?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by where's it gone View Post
    Which is like saying when you drive a Ford V6, it's so easy to go over 70mph
    I won't pretend to understand the comparison,but suffice to say that unlike an air pellet, a car's velocity is governed by the user.

You did remind me,an ex Merseyside police 3.1RS Granada was good fun

Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post
    ...You did remind me,an ex Merseyside police 3.1RS Granada was good fun
    Fun ? Being in the airfreight game, I drove an imported Renault 5 Gordini once, down the industrial estate. That was fun !

A lot of BSA's have been sold over the years, with many happy customers.
    Air Rifles arte made for the target market at the right price for that market. Not everyone can afford a HW Venom or a AA, or Daystate. During their history they brought out some gems, Mecury S, Airsporters, Silverstar??, Goldstar. Plenty of very useful rifles.

For what market they were targeted at they delivered. The old springers were plinking good fun and adiquate around the farmyard; what more do you want?
    But we did want more.

BSA still make very great rifles. Exactly how they fit into todays market is beyond my scope of knowedge. I think the R10's have a real following for very good reason; they are good rifles. There are others that fit the bill.
    The whole air rifle market has moved along a pace and BSA is still in there finding market place. With the amount of competition they must be doing something right. I don't own a PCP but if I had a few one might well be a BSA.

One thing that stood out using BSA customer service. They knew where their bread buttered. The customer was always put first.

BSA PCP's have a massive following, they are very robust and as accurate as anything

In general no more issues than any other other brand ...

JB Blueprints are SUPERB -
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

BSA springers look and handle well but fall short when compared with HW and AA springers.

BSA PCP's are very good.
    The Ultra is a corker of a rifle. Basic, robust , dependable and accurate. I have 2, the oldest I've owned from new and bought about 4 years ago. I bought another about a year ago that I fitted a huma reg to which is also faultless.
    For the money (particularly the single shot version) I don't think there's anything that can touch the Ultra at that price point. For me, the ultra is the perfect hunting rifle. I'll never sell the 2 Ultras.

The scorpion, R10 and Goldstar are built around the same action.

I know of one chap who had to return a R10 down to a bad barrel a few years ago (they had problems with a batch of barrels), but also know folk including a good friend who can't speak highly enough of the R10.

The scorpion is basically an ultra with longer barrel and cylinder and higher shot count. The forend of the scorpion stock is longer than the ultra.

The Goldstar is a regged version of the scorpion with an FT stock.

The R10 is a "rapid a like" with a buddy bottle.

In essence, I'd say the BSA range of PCP's are very much worth a look.
    B.A.S.C. member

Ultra's are bloody excellent hunting guns
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25