Thread: Second U.B.C. Meet & Competition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    We are holding the meet at the Greyhound again as they invited us back (Yes they are as mad as we are), the ground is perfect and the people friendly (not to mention it backing onto a pub) it is also the most central area from north to south. I know for some of us it is quite a treck, but it is worth the effort to meet all those guy's and gal's you chat with on here. If there are any members out there tht would like to organise a meet in their area please let me know and we will see what we can sort out.

Hope to see you all in Coventry

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    Good luck to all who attend,have great fun. Any chance of future meets elsewhere in country so others may feel able to attend ?.I do'nt include myself.As a shiftworker i can never be sure of my days off matching events, just thought with club growing in size it might pay to consider other future locations,will check nearer the time if i can make it i will if i can.mike.
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    We are holding the meet at the Greyhound again as they invited us back (Yes they are as mad as we are), the ground is perfect and the people friendly (not to mention it backing onto a pub) it is also the most central area from north to south. I know for some of us it is quite a treck, but it is worth the effort to meet all those guy's and gal's you chat with on here. If there are any members out there tht would like to organise a meet in their area please let me know and we will see what we can sort out.

Hope to see you all in Coventry

atvb

Jason

Hi Mike.

I couldn't of worded it better than what Jason has said.

50miles isn't that far for a good laugh , hope you can make it & your shifts doesn't clash.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Unhappy

why do i have to live in the sticks???????????????? i wanna come

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by neil1972 View Post
    why do i have to live in the sticks???????????????? i wanna come
    Hey, Jan and I are going to be there. You're probably closer to Coventry than we are!

Yes mates, we're planning our trip day-by-day now, and have Coventry / the UBC shoot at the Greyhound, booked in for the 23rd.

If there's a B&B nearby, we might just stay there the night of the 23rd, and take the train back to London the morning of the 24th.

We're going to be in Stratford on the 22nd

Jan's a B&B aficionado, anyway.

Cheers!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    If there's a B&B nearby, we might just stay there the night of the 23rd, and take the train back to London the morning of the 24th.

We're going to be in Stratford on the 22nd

Jan's a B&B aficionado, anyway.

Cheers!

Jim
    I will be there as well As it will be warmer weather, I will be pitching a tent.

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Whoo-hOOO!

It'll be great to see you all again! Anyone up for a repeat of the Holiday Inn?

Jim and Jan, I can't wait to meet y'all.

Mike / Mickson, you're nearer than me and you have plenty of time to arrange a day or two's holiday for the event so stop buggering about and get your name down. It'd be great to meet you.

Just think about the Phantom Sniper - he's not got a car and lives a gazillion miles away, but somehow or other, he'll get there and back just like he did last time.

Cookie dude - we need to put the world to rights again - it's all gone horribly pear-shaped since we last met.

Counting the days...

Talking Hotels

Looks like the special 2 for one deal is still on. See this post.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Whoo-hOOO!

It'll be great to see you all again! Anyone up for a repeat of the Holiday Inn?

Jim and Jan, I can't wait to meet y'all.

Mike / Mickson, you're nearer than me and you have plenty of time to arrange a day or two's holiday for the event so stop buggering about and get your name down. It'd be great to meet you.

Just think about the Phantom Sniper - he's not got a car and lives a gazillion miles away, but somehow or other, he'll get there and back just like he did last time.

Cookie dude - we need to put the world to rights again - it's all gone horribly pear-shaped since we last met.

Counting the days...
    Mike sounds Good to me fella, Just booked Holiday in for Fri/Sat will be bringing Sensei Gizmo with me.

It will be really good to see everyone again, and would love to meet a whole lot of new faces. Mr Delta1 we will have more guns for you to use than you will know what to do with. I hope your Lad hasn't been practising too much as he took us all to school as a rank outsider last time

Make the effort guy's it will be worth it.

Jason
    Last edited by cookie; 15-02-2009 at 04:39 PM.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.