Thread: My permission letters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    An update.

Of the 31 letters posted, I have received 4 replies all saying "thanks but no thanks, have it covered already". They all say they will pass the letter on or let me know if the situation changes so "nil desperandum" just yet.
    On a slightly upward note, one of the 4 replies wasn't on my list so someone must've passed it on already. Who knows, I might get 10 "yes's" next week

I've been giving this some thought and here's a couple of em.

If it really is this difficult to get a permission there must be a reason. Farmers and landowners are generally smart people and with all the references and insurances in the world, at the end of the day they know we just want a bit of their world to do our thing on.
    I'm thinking maybe, just maybe (I stand to be corrected on this) beefing up the anti might help. I'm thinking small syndicates here. United we stand and all that. A small syndicate would look more proficient on headed notepaper and would BE more efficient at pest control simply by virtue of more bods and pooled resources. For example, if just one member has a shotgun or FAC, you can offer Fox control, without it you can't. If one or more members already has a decent sized permission, there's the possibility to get a FAC or one or two more FAC's and so the syndicate will grow. If a farmer has a big pigeon problem NOW, imagine how much more attractive it would be to offer five shooters to tackle the problem. Same with rats, rabbits etc.

Just a couple of thoughts. Anyone interested in the Medway/Maidstone area?

Quote Originally Posted by toxo View Post
    An update.

Of the 31 letters posted, I have received 4 replies all saying "thanks but no thanks, have it covered already". They all say they will pass the letter on or let me know if the situation changes so "nil desperandum" just yet.
    On a slightly upward note, one of the 4 replies wasn't on my list so someone must've passed it on already. Who knows, I might get 10 "yes's" next week

I've been giving this some thought and here's a couple of em.

If it really is this difficult to get a permission there must be a reason. Farmers and landowners are generally smart people and with all the references and insurances in the world, at the end of the day they know we just want a bit of their world to do our thing on.
    I'm thinking maybe, just maybe (I stand to be corrected on this) beefing up the anti might help. I'm thinking small syndicates here. United we stand and all that. A small syndicate would look more proficient on headed notepaper and would BE more efficient at pest control simply by virtue of more bods and pooled resources. For example, if just one member has a shotgun or FAC, you can offer Fox control, without it you can't. If one or more members already has a decent sized permission, there's the possibility to get a FAC or one or two more FAC's and so the syndicate will grow. If a farmer has a big pigeon problem NOW, imagine how much more attractive it would be to offer five shooters to tackle the problem. Same with rats, rabbits etc.

Just a couple of thoughts. Anyone interested in the Medway/Maidstone area?
    I'd be well up for this, shame you aren't manchester way