Thread: 10m pistol

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    I’m not looking for modern steyr or morini etc; too much gun for my limited abilities.

Why do you feel a modern gun is too much for your abilities, With practice your abilities will improve and shooting with a match grade pistol certainly wouldn't be detrimental to any advances in ability,

I do also rate the IZH very highly and was very reluctant to sell mine on even though I didn't use it.

I also really enjoyed shooting with the Izzie - but with the current hike in price for a new one and the total lack of even basic spare parts (including seals) in the UK this pistol is not worth spending any time thinking about - either new or used.

If a new importer for the UK was found to offer the pistol at a MORE REALISTIC PRICE (like it was previously) and could demonstrate a good stock of seals and essential spare parts and had a willingness to maintain a good stock of seals and essential spare parts AT A REALISTIC PRICE then I would most definitely buy one.

Russ's experience should be enough to suggest that buying one is not likely offer a good long term ownership prospect for anyone here in the UK. This may not be the case for those living in a country that has a good importer who sells the pistol at a fair price and who supports this pistol with a good supply of spare seals and parts - also at a realistic price!

These are superb SSP match pistols that were ( and should still) be available in this country at a very competitive price - but the supply of spare parts to fit them has always been awful in this country and until that changes they are not even worth considering IMHO.
    Last edited by zooma; 29-12-2018 at 04:35 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.