Thread: MPL 2019 Spring/Summer Postal Competition.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    We have a very small club Paul with nothing like as many members as yours and thats the way we like it - but we all shoot air weapons, so from that point of view I guess we have more of us shooting at 6 yards and 10 meters at our club than you do at yours

Ah - NARPA brings back good memories for me. I shot with NARPA for many years and really wish they were still going.

My NARPA number was TZR055 and I won my first 6 yard rifle prize shooting at NARPA targets in an Inter-Club match with my Original 75 and RWS Meisterkugeln

I enjoyed shooting at their annual finals competition in Wolverhampton at RAF Cosford a few times and also enjoyed shooting "shoulder to shoulder" against the Taunton and Plymouth Clubs not long after I started the Exmouth Air Rifle and Pistol Club - same time period!

We also shot 6 yards and 10 meters in the NSRA too and shot in their finals when they used to be held in the Sophia Gardens in Cardiff . The early '70s was the heyday for target shooting in the UK and I was pleased to have been part of it.

We used to shoot the NSRA targets in the NSRA / Eley postal competitions and in the Essex County postal comps

I have a nice Walther SSP that may interest you - but the FWB SSP rifles can generally be found for less cash than the Walthers - its just what you prefer.

Thanks for the email Bob, - I'm admiring the photos

If you ever venture 'up north ( don't be afraid - most of the rumours about what happens above the Watford Gap are generally unfounded) let me know as you would be welcome to come and shoot at our club with us.
    Thanks for the invite, and if I'm ever up your way I will bring some air guns to use

In the meantime I'll email you about the Walther ….
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Thanks for the invite, and if I'm ever up your way I will bring some air guns to use

In the meantime I'll email you about the Walther ….

Thanks Paul,

The Walther will make a superb MPL rifle - my little LGM-2 is lovely to shoot and has a similar action!

I hope you enjoy it!

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.