Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71 View Post
I love the little thing. I bought a .177 calibre version of this pistol from a BBS member a couple of weeks ago and have to say that I'm really enjoying it. I used it at the club this morning and shooting one handed and unsupported was putting 8/10 in the black at 10m. This was the second time I've used it and am confident I will improve my scores with it. I fired maybe 50 shots before getting on with some serious practice with my LP2.

For such a compact pistol, it packs a fair punch and the sights and trigger are good. Yes it sits high in the hand but I can cope with that.

Was the 240 a successful sequel to the Scorp'?
Unfortunately not.
The main gripe was the angled attack of the breach which usually leads to the breach seal inconsistantly sealing.
Bowkett considered the barrel too short where they should have dispensed with the plenum chamber idea.....which didnt really work bytheway....and ran the barrel full length.
The grip is somehow not quite right, where switching back to something like a comfy Tempests or 53s grip is a pleasurable return.
I had big consistancy issues with the novel guide rod, ending with me remachining a redesigned one which improved matters considerably but i never conquered the breach issue.
It was possible the best and most well known example of inconsistancy for shooting beautifully, with a run good accuracy and then somehow hitting a patch of inconsistancy and poor accuracy.....which proved annoying.
I eventually gave up chasing its tail as did many shooters but it looked a great gun on paper.