Thread: Rapid Air Weapons HM 1000 Thumbhole

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    It looks like the result of a three way between a rapid an airwolf and an hw100 to me. Now let me be clear, that is not meant to be disparaging. Their rifles are the first in ages that have got me trying to work out how I can afford and justify a purchase. However I will wait to see how little I have after my divorce gets sorted. Peashooter money I suspect :-(
    I have just ordered one in .20 left handed thumbhole and cant wait to get hold of the gun. Always fancied something decent in this calibre which will be a pleasant change to the usual .177 currently available in the rest of my armory! Owned a few Rapids over the years and have always regretted getting rid. They are a fine hunting rifle, if not the best in my own humble opinion.

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    I have just ordered one in .20 left handed thumbhole and cant wait to get hold of the gun. Always fancied something decent in this calibre which will be a pleasant change to the usual .177 currently available in the rest of my armory! Owned a few Rapids over the years and have always regretted getting rid. They are a fine hunting rifle, if not the best in my own humble opinion.

Andy
    Hi Andy,
    Be interested to hear how you get on with .20 as I'm looking to get one myself, either a second hand Rapid MK2 if I can find one, a GSX200 or HM1000.

hi guys . i owned a very early .20cal rapid bought it in 1994 i think . i was set at 27ftlb which shot some pellets at 1100fps , not accurate .
    so dropped it down to 25 and used crossman prems , it loved them (die no 1). when they stopped them in the uk that was it for me . testing against a rapid 22fac the 20 shot flatter and i have taken rabbits at 90 yards with it .
    i used it on the back of jeeps partnered by a 22lr and the combo worked well in pest control. i still use a 22fac rapid which is probably 20 years old as its number is in the sub 00500. think my 20 was 00376 0r 00476.
    have fun with your new gun .
    rapid 7 fac - bsa ultra multi - anschutz 22lr - cz 452 .17 hmr -243 sako 75 - berretta 686 20 bore -

Like most of my PCPs I moved the .20 HM on after about a year. I very much regret it as I am now going to have buy another ! Will go .177 this time and use heavier pellets probably Bis Mags/Barracuda Match. They are a really fine gun and beautifully well made. Highly recommended!
    Andy

Like most of my PCPs I moved the .20 HM on after about a year. I very much regret it as I am now going to have buy another ! Will go .177 this time and use heavier pellets probably Bis Mags/Barracuda Match. They are a really fine gun and beautifully well made. Highly recommended!
    Andy
    I'm sorry I missed your sale Andy as I'd really like a HM1000 AND as an added bonus you are left handed too!!
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Hi Nick!
    I must admit that I was surprised that you didn't buy the last HM. They really are a fine gun with superb build quality and a real solid feel to them. Accuracy wise comparable with a German converted match rifle. Yet another gun I should have kept hold of, just like the MK2 Rapid you bought from me on here, what, 15 years ago now?
    Hopefully picking the left handed thumb-hole HM from Mike Tawn on Tuesday, weather permitting!
    Hope you continue to enjoy your own shooting.
    Andy

Hi Nick!
    I must admit that I was surprised that you didn't buy the last HM. They really are a fine gun with superb build quality and a real solid feel to them. Accuracy wise comparable with a German converted match rifle. Yet another gun I should have kept hold of, just like the MK2 Rapid you bought from me on here, what, 15 years ago now?
    Hopefully picking the left handed thumb-hole HM from Mike Tawn on Tuesday, weather permitting!
    Hope you continue to enjoy your own shooting.
    Andy
    Looking forward to seeing the pictures.