Thread: Webley versus Steyr shock!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

When will IJ "come out" and publicly declare his affection for the Webley air pistol?

....watch this space
    Keep watching.

[We could be here for a VERY long time.]

Yes, I did miss your using your 'Wobblys' last night. I miss your shout of delight on the rare occasion you get one pellet on the target card. I dont know what you would do if you ever got one in the black. I love the "Has anyone got a screw driver?" then the fun of the search for the latest bit thats fell off the Wobbly. Yes, I did miss them.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Keep watching.

[We could be here for a VERY long time.]

Yes, I did miss your using your 'Wobblys' last night. I miss your shout of delight on the rare occasion you get one pellet on the target card. I dont know what you would do if you ever got one in the black. I love the "Has anyone got a screw driver?" then the fun of the search for the latest bit thats fell off the Wobbly. Yes, I did miss them.

ATB
    Ian

Nothing falls off of my Wobleys - you are getting confused again - that little pellet thingy is supposed to come out of the end when you pull the trigger

The screwdriver is only used to finely adjust the precision rear sight plate - but I see on your Steyr you need various knobs to twiddle with little instructions stamped into the sights to help you understand which way to turn them !

The deft touch of a skilled screwdriver operator is all that is needed to tweak the rear sight of a Webley Tempest into perfect alignment - probably far too tricky for you to master though since you still struggle to understand how to operate your plastic pellet sorter box.

.......maybe a Webley Hurricane or a Typhoon would suite you better - they have nice little twiddly knobs on them for you to play with - I will bring one with me for you to have a go with next Tuesday........there - better now ?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    .......maybe a Webley Hurricane or a Typhoon would suite you better - they have nice little twiddly knobs on them for you to play with - I will bring one with me for you to have a go with next Tuesday........there - better now ?
    No use whatsoever unless the markings and instructions are in German......
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    Bump for a Tempest/Hurricane piston or a rough Tempest (.177 preferred for this)

I was thinking about splashing out on a .177 barrel from Nibbs but with the silly laws now, that is out.
    Also looked at that rough Hurricane on Protek's web site---but again with the silly laws. Plus with the bits missing, it would not prove to be cheap. I know some of the favourite sons get a discount for mentioning them on here

Anyhow---bumpy for a project or a piston.
    You could try asking to see if a BBS member lives close enough to Knibbs or Chambers or Protek (etc) to see if they would pick a .177 barrel up for you if you send them the cash and the postage.

This will work as it is only the RFD that cannot post it to you - but anyone else can!

.just a thought!

If you're truly pursuing a target Tempest/Hurricane, I'd suggest investing the time in fitting and carving something like proper target grips, at least the palm side as the fingertip side isn't very significant on a target pistol. A great fit with no real effort to achieve exactly the same grip every time is essential to consistent target shooting, so a great fit to the individual's hand as well as a palm shelf adjusted to snug up against the bottom of the hand are really quite necessary. Otherwise you'll be guessing at your grip from shot to shot, especially considering the somewhat awkward cocking stroke, and any slight change in gripping results in missed shots in a string.

Blackpool Air Rifles have a boxed Webley Junior Mk II .177 in that looks in very good condition. Well, nothing fell off when I was handling it.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Blackpool Air Rifles have a boxed Webley Junior Mk II .177 in that looks in very good condition. Well, nothing fell off when I was handling it.

ATB
    Ian
    So now you are travelling and searching for a Webley of your own eh?

The size and weight of this smaller sized pistol was designed for younger persons.

This would be an ideal pistol for you!