Thread: Webley MK VI

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Does the paint come off the mazak after a bit of handling, like those Dinky racing cars we used to flip across the playground when we were kids?

Regards,
    MikB
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

Not yet.
    But I haven't thrown it across the playground.

As far as photos go plenty of videos on You Tube.

Quote Originally Posted by MikB View Post
    Does the paint come off the mazak after a bit of handling, like those Dinky racing cars we used to flip across the playground when we were kids?

Regards,
    MikB
    The paint will/ does rub off with use, just as it did on the real steel ones with the wartime finish, ( which Webley have replicated very closely on the replica).

I am loving mine.....it must have one of the smoothest d/a triggers out of the box.

Pete.

Here's one I made earlier The holster is exactly the right period - WWI

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/...ps97eef2f2.jpg

I do hope the Umarex Peacemaker that is apparently going to appear in 2015, is as accurate a copy of the original as this Co2 version of the Webley MK V1 is.

I also hope it will be available in the three standard barrel lengths, 4 3/4, 5 1/2 and 71/2,but that is probably just wishful thinking!

I'd also like to see Richard's Mason conversion Co2 replicas of the 1860 Army and 1851 Navy too!

Fat chance,I know!

Thanks for the photos. Yes, I now see there are already a few videos on the Y.Tube...the pistol does look good. The comment about the smooth double action trigger is good news, as the DW's bb revolvers seem to be a bit variable (smooth on some, heavy on others).

No sign of production shells yet...

Considering the price of the gun it should come with six spare shells as standard!