Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who agrees with idea for new RULE on sales - ?

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    I think pictures should be compulsory in sales threads. No excuse in this day and age for not being 'able' to do it.

Pictures can be stolen from other sites, photoshopped, taken from misleading angles, lighting can be doctored to hide flaws etc. they are there to please browsers and timewasters. I vote the rules stay as they are and people who wish to post photos can.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Unless you are a complete tool like me computer wise. If its made compulsory most on here will miss out on good gear as people like myself will just sell it on gunstar or guntrader instead. I have always and will always give truthful discriptions of my gear i sell. But if it comes compulsory no problem there are other plateforms to sell it on. Not everyone is good computer wise. Also i have no interest in wanting to either as i only want one to surf the intermet with.
    You're good enough at computers to post on here - uploading a picture to the sales section is no more difficult than uploading a profile picture, which you seem to have managed to do at some point?
    Good deals with these members

Everyone’s opinion will differ- Doesn’t matter what the item is Forums are changing, people expect more info in the advert, I’m amazed the adverts I see, basic details are not listed, age and pictures etc.... I know this is not a selling platform but still I’m quite surprised how archaic it is.

Forums need fresh members otherwise it’ll stagnate, way I look at it if I was in my 20’s would this forum appeal to me? Would it attract new younger members to the sport?

On another note I’m loving all the info on here, valuable for someone starting out again (just need more pictures ;-)

Just an observation; not criticism...

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    Pictures can be stolen from other sites, photoshopped, taken from misleading angles, lighting can be doctored to hide flaws etc. they are there to please browsers and timewasters. I vote the rules stay as they are and people who wish to post photos can.
    google image search is handy in most cases .I have google image searched posts of rifles for sale on some free ad pages and found the person selling it does not own it or used a pic that they got from the previous seller and that then led back to the previous sales post or a forum post where some one was showing off the rifle and still has it . I believe the Grahams used to look for pics then use them to scam people .

see an Ad that looks to good to be true = google image search the pics and see if its been shown before .

Quote Originally Posted by Roblny View Post

On another note I’m loving all the info on here, valuable for someone starting out again (just need more pictures ;-)

And adverts need buyers, not browsers. anyone genuinely interested will tend to ask questions and request more details.

Currently, I want to sell some Blacksmithing items. The description is clear enough and if people need pictures, they won't know what they are looking at anyway and are probably just wasting my time. the items weigh about 200kgs so would have to be collected anyway and can be viewed then, much better than photos.

You can look at different ways, more browsers, more new members, more customers for the forum sponsors...... pictures attract buyers no matter what the product. Yes I agree can also attract tyre kickers, that’s the downside of selling anything.

I can’t see what the harm is posting up some quick pictures to go with an advert, if you’re prepared to send them to potential buyers then no reason not to post on the advert.

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    And adverts need buyers, not browsers. anyone genuinely interested will tend to ask questions and request more details.

Currently, I want to sell some Blacksmithing items. The description is clear enough and if people need pictures, they won't know what they are looking at anyway and are probably just wasting my time. the items weigh about 200kgs so would have to be collected anyway and can be viewed then, much better than photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Roblny View Post
    Everyone’s opinion will differ- Doesn’t matter what the item is Forums are changing, people expect more info in the advert, I’m amazed the adverts I see, basic details are not listed, age and pictures etc.... I know this is not a selling platform but still I’m quite surprised how archaic it is.

Forums need fresh members otherwise it’ll stagnate, way I look at it if I was in my 20’s would this forum appeal to me? Would it attract new younger members to the sport?

Yes, you got it, change now required IMO - And as the economy will be trickier, anything to reduce / discourage those that would take advantage, the better ....
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Yes everything is going to be trickier and challenging- I’ve only been here a short while so not sure how many cases of members being ripped off/ taken advantage of there have been. Still it doesn’t take much effort to put the basic details with pictures on an advert.

I was a member of the snooker forum for years, brilliant forum and is still going albeit barely... didn’t change for years, just relied on the older established members, no fresh blood, by the time it did try and change it was too late. Funnily enough I used to actually post pictures up for a couple of members that couldn’t work out how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    Yes, you got it, change now required IMO - And as the economy will be trickier, anything to reduce / discourage those that would take advantage, the better ....

pics

I also like pics of the item for sale, I personally find they help as by the time you have asked for pics the item has usually been sold unseen or through pm. All sales through pm should see sellers banned for a period then we all know where we are up to.. Yes on the thread only and photo`s and date compulsory,,
    I also dont post photo`s through url at all so unless its coming off my camera or desktop then it is not going to be for sale on a forum.. Fed up with clicking on a picture then having to untick all the boxes for that particular hosting site,, Col.

For me if the seller is unwilling to put up or send pictures then its the buyers choice ultimately.

If you want to sell something why on earth wouldnt you want to show it? More so if its something expensive.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by colin g View Post
    I also like pics of the item for sale, I personally find they help as by the time you have asked for pics the item has usually been sold unseen or through pm. All sales through pm should see sellers banned for a period then we all know where we are up to.. Yes on the thread only and photo`s and date compulsory,,
    I also dont post photo`s through url at all so unless its coming off my camera or desktop then it is not going to be for sale on a forum.. Fed up with clicking on a picture then having to untick all the boxes for that particular hosting site,, Col.
    I agree that hosting sites are a PITA, but you don't need a hosting site to post pictures in the sales section here.
    Good deals with these members

Why only the sellers band?????

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Why only the sellers band?????
    Why either banned when the rules allow it?

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Ok i was not gonna say anything but here is why pics dont work in showing gun flaws. A good while ago i bought a pistol on here. I recieved pics. Seller said it had the odd age related mark so was not brilliant but a usable gun. Only thing he could said was wrong was that the bulb seal had gone. He said it dumped the C02 when he put a bulb in it so thinks the bulb seal had gone but be could not be bothered to change it so was selling it off cheap as an easy fix. . Gun looked ok in the pics from what i could see so i went and bought it. What he neglected to say was that you cannot now buy the seals anywhere so stuck with a gun i cannot use.also what he neglected to mention was the rear sight was not original and was bloody glued on. Could not see that from the pics i recieved either. Then on stripping the slide off to check it over the pin holding the false hammer fell out. Reason it fell out was because it was not the original pin and infact was just a bit of round steel cut off with pliers. This lose pin has gouged the slide inside due to it moving side to side when firing the gun. I fixed this fault but the rear sight i am buggerd with as you cant buy them now. I bought this off is a long standing member on her with a high post count. So how would pics have helped me in this case then???

Ok i was not gonna say anything but here is why pics dont work in showing gun flaws. A good while ago i bought a pistol on here. I recieved pics. Seller said it had the odd age related mark so was not brilliant but a usable gun. Only thing he could said was wrong was that the bulb seal had gone. He said it dumped the C02 when he put a bulb in it so thinks the bulb seal had gone but be could not be bothered to change it so was selling it off cheap as an easy fix. . Gun looked ok in the pics from what i could see so i went and bought it. What he neglected to say was that you cannot now buy the seals anywhere so stuck with a gun i cannot use.also what he neglected to mention was the rear sight was not original and was bloody glued on. Could not see that from the pics i recieved either. Then on stripping the slide off to check it over the pin holding the false hammer fell out. Reason it fell out was because it was not the original pin and infact was just a bit of round steel cut off with pliers. This lose pin has gouged the slide inside due to it moving side to side when firing the gun. I fixed this fault but the rear sight i am buggerd with as you cant buy them now. I bought this off is a long standing member on her with a high post count. So how would pics have helped me in this case then???
    Well those faults/issues not being disclosed show the seller to be either a dishonest t*at, or possibly unaware of the internal defects, (we don't all take them apart)

Either way, things like spares availability & internal condition would not have been known even in a ftf deal so have no relevance to photos.