Thread: .22 Air Pistol 6 Yard MPL Postal Competition.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Come on Roy - .22 Wobblies shoot much better than .177 Wobblies and Tempests shoot very well - I bought a .22 Tempest today so lets see how we get on eh?

........a .22 Hurricane with proper adjustable sights is a positive advantage and nobody is going to turn up with a recoilless .22 are they ?

Tell amac about it and maybe he will join you so you can have your own personal .22 Wobbly battle
    Oh, go on then.......

Expect a paypal payment very shortly!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    Oh, go on then.......

Expect a paypal payment very shortly!

Cheers.

Roy.
    GOTCHA

Dosh has arrived - targets go out to you tomorrow
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

.22 shooting is easy....NOT !

I noticed when shooting a .22 Webley that it was easier to shoot than a .177 of the same type and so with a larger size pellet making a bigger hole it should be like shooting fish in a barrel with a .22 at only 6 yards.

Having just shot my first round of the .22 MPL competition with my Model 5 I have not found this to be the case - I shot the .177 first round much better!

To be fair the Model 5 is still dieseling a fair bit ( I need to get the excuses prepared) following a strip down but I think the main difference is because I used an SSP for the 177 round and a "kicker" for the .22 round.

Most .22 air pistols are spring powered "kickers" so lower .22 score's may be expected.?
    Last edited by zooma; 23-01-2014 at 04:42 PM.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

hi bob payment sent for the .22 hurricane challenge
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    hi bob payment sent for the .22 hurricane challenge
    Thanks Bob - you could do well with a Hurricane.

I tried a .22 Hurricane last night and wished I had used it instead of the Model 5 !

Don't forget to let me have your postal address !

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

hi bob, all arrived safely this morning thanks for the quick turnaround ,better get cracking on the cards.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

I have just completed the last of my cards for the January .22 6 yard MPL postal series.

The cards were shot with my Grey Plastic Grip Original Model 5 ( stamped as being made in April 1966) following the fitting of a new end cap and a set of the correct type of sights and I used Hobby pellets.

I did take a few shots with an old .22 Hurricane after I had shot with the Model 5 and I was very surprised at how good it was. The trigger did not feel that good to be honest but I let the pistol jump around after I had released the shot and to my surprise all the shots were inside the black.
    Last edited by zooma; 11-02-2014 at 07:49 AM.