Quote Originally Posted by terrierforce View Post
Good review the first one I have seen on this gun. Is this a spanish made BSA or Brum? This gun was of interest to me what with the demise of Theoben and the Evo and I so wanted it to be good because it really does look the part, But it doesn't sound like it's going to fill that slot shame really, BSA just seem to be keep turning out guns that just don't hit the mark. Keep us informed on how you go with getting the probs sorted, I presume when it get's sent back it goes to Brummie land and they are left to rectify probs that was done in Spain, but it also sounds like that there also could also be design/production faults.
My local dealer came to exactly the same conclusion regarding the Spanish made guns,they are so close to being really good ,but there is just something lacking compared to the old british built Supersports/XLs.Consequently, he only stocks the British built XL Tactical along with all of BSA`s PCP range ,-he also had to return a batch of Gamo Gas-rams ,due to low power and a harsh firing cycle (probably due to them originally being FAC/Export power strangled down to our sub-12 ft/lb standard!)