Thread: Counterfeit Tasco on fleabay

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've had the same experience, optics were clear, mil dot was accurate, and clicks were good, however they turned in the opposite direction to what the arrow said, for example when turning the turret to bring POI up, it would actually bring the POI down.

Again ya get what ya pay for!
    Ruger 10/22 SYSS Custom .22LR WPO 6-24X50
    SBS Shotgun R.11 12G
    Air Arms S400 .177 JSR 6-24x50
    Beretta XX-Treme .177 Walther Red Dot - Probbably in Kansas with Dorothy for all I know...

BASC Member No: 500010211

"If guns cause crime, then pencils caused misspelled words"

at2472000 Guest
    Don't buy anything from China is a pretty good starting point. I'ts a b*tch but the saying 'you get what you pay for' is normally true, for me anyway lol.

Quote Originally Posted by at2472000 View Post
    Don't buy anything from China is a pretty good starting point. I'ts a b*tch but the saying 'you get what you pay for' is normally true, for me anyway lol.
    In few years from now you won't be able to buy anything that isn't made in China

china velly velly nice place, juss mayk velly chit quapy of velly good scope.......we love you long time....big hole little hole ,same price...?

I'm chugging around on a Chinese copy of a Honda, third of the price so I can chuck it away when it starts to fall apart but I'll steer clear of wonky scopes.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

scope

I was daft enough to buy one of these scopes from a company called "Soldsmart" advertising on ****, on using the scope the turret fell off!, this after 30 to 50 shots.
    As you have all stated E bay did not really want to know, (do they ever?).The way i got round it was to warn the seller, that I would intercept every single bidder on these scopes and warn them they would be better off strapping a coke bottle to their gun.
    This did the trick i warned at least 20 prospective buyers.
    Soldsmart also charge an extortionate £12 delivery on their shoddy goods.
    They refunded me, and asked me to return the scope, (which i had since binned) I sent an E mail back requesting a cheque for £12 to cover postage, aint heard nothing since

scope

well ive bought one too,6-24x50 tasco free mounts etc to be honest cant fault it yet, put it on a springer and gave it bit of stick,tried it on 22lr and it seemed ok its on my 17hmr now it seems to hold bang on[ and i havnt banged my head or anything] so we will just have to see ,i too thought ide just take chance and see ive got some pretty expensive glass on other kit but 24mag tasco copy or not its doing ok so far not that they all will ,but for under £50 posted its fine if anything changes post in the reviews section.
    Last edited by smoothly; 01-11-2006 at 09:46 PM. Reason: forgot full stops

yes there are besonder optisch scopes on there going dirt cheap but im not too sure if they are real or not just to let you know

regards

tom

buying copys fund bad guys...end of

Tasco have never had there own factory or made anything,It is a brand name!
    In the early days there stuff was decent and made by optical light warehouse or HAKO in Japan.
    It has changed owners numerous times in the past few years.
    The Yanks now call the brand Trashco because quite frankley thats what it is.

All low brand Bushnell and tasco are the same item cheap S***.

I had a 2.75x40 Japan made tasco in the early 80's excellent quality as as are the World Class and similar ilk.

Check out Chuck Hawkes web site, he will tell you all about it!!!!!

China

Some weeks ago I bought a pair of shooting boots American called Irish Setter boots retail £250 approx exelent quality very confortable made in China but its good gear, also bought a Gerber Hardsley patern hunting knife as sharp as a razor and again good quality, made in Taiwan but thats the way it is nowadays.
    I love my country, but fear my government

colingeaton Guest
    They're designed for use in Australia...

Quote Originally Posted by zh127 View Post
    I've had the same experience, optics were clear, mil dot was accurate, and clicks were good, however they turned in the opposite direction to what the arrow said, for example when turning the turret to bring POI up, it would actually bring the POI down.

Again ya get what ya pay for!