Thread: HW 35 Piston Seal Change

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hw35

I agree why destroke an 80 when a 35 would do the same job. Perhaps it was fashion or people did not like manual barrel lock on the 35, or perhaps the 35 was seen as old hat!. Couldn't have been a power issue Venom were advertising 35's in various tunes up to 14.5ftlbs. They also listed a FT special 35 with reduced recoil and improved accuracy.

The other trend from the 1980's I don't like was the chopping of barrels down to 14", OK on a std 80 or 35 but criminal on an Export.

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    I agree why destroke an 80 when a 35 would do the same job. Perhaps it was fashion or people did not like manual barrel lock on the 35, or perhaps the 35 was seen as old hat!. Couldn't have been a power issue Venom were advertising 35's in various tunes up to 14.5ftlbs. They also listed a FT special 35 with reduced recoil and improved accuracy.

The other trend from the 1980's I don't like was the chopping of barrels down to 14", OK on a std 80 or 35 but criminal on an Export.
    Hi Coburn

The 35 will run at 12ftlbs quite happily with a shorter stroke so perhaps the one piece cocking arm of the 80 which supposedly gave a lighter cocking stroke was the answer.

In my mind this is as near to the correct use of an 80 as you can get.

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/...1012006191.jpg

A HW80 running at 21ftlbs being used to put meat on the table by some bloke.

After all it's the power level they were designed to run at.

All the best Mick

had one serial 8451** it had the nylon washer double sided safety and 11mm rail.

ATB
    Daryl

Quote Originally Posted by muzzle View Post
    had one serial 8451** it had the nylon washer double sided safety and 11mm rail.

ATB
    Daryl
    Cheers Daryl

That confirms what info we have so far is correct.

All the best Mick

Hw35

Nice Dog, whatever happened to that bloke?

Looks like we've found out a lot on this thread. One thing I always wanted to know is at what point did HW change the delux/luxus stock on the 35 from the Bayern Cheekpiece version to the one with the Monte Carlo cheekpiece ala 80. It was some years before the 80 appeared. I've seen the M/C Luxus with serial numbers in the low/mid 700000's but I must admit to never seeing the earlier Bayern stock in the flesh.

Hw35

Johnbaz

My theory on Rifles like yours badged Eusta, Hoffman and possibly Burgo as well, were made by HW for large German retailers who wished to use a propriety name to pass the products off as theirs.

Many Originals were rebadged for sale in the States and Crosmans were rebadged for sale by the likes of Sears Roebuck.

Its only my theory and could well be absolute c**p. Someone on here Garvin or Fraktor perhaps could offer more info?

By the way thats a cracking 35E. The quality of HW's of the 70's and 80's is beyond question. I think the woodwork began to loose its quailty towards the end of the 80's.

you know what, after reading this I think I need a 35e for the collection. If anyone has a nice one with open sights let me know, I may well purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Nice Dog, whatever happened to that bloke?
    I don't know Coburn

But there's a bloke who looks like he could be his dad on page 76 of April's Airgun World.

All the best Mick