Thread: Unbelievable quotes.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Back in the 80s at Daystate they used .22 bullet heads on the higher power pcps (30ft lbs +) because the pellets of the day couldn't handle the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
    Back in the 80s at Daystate they used .22 bullet heads on the higher power pcps (30ft lbs +) because the pellets of the day couldn't handle the power.
    Splitting in half??? Or just inaccurate?
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Splitting in half??? Or just inaccurate?
    They said the pellets disintegrate if I recall correctly. This could have been the hubris of an engineer talking to an enthusiastic young boy!

IIRC the RWS Barracuda was developed for the HW35 Barracuda - the one with the ether (or similar) fuel injected directly into the cylinder. This was because it blew the heads off normal pellets.

ATB
    Ian

(or it could be folklore. )
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Nothing to do with shooting, but my late Grandmother god bless her once said!

"That's as yellow as an orange"

Splitting in half? That is clearly because he was shooting at taught piano wire at 50 yards. No doubt standing as well.
    Time for another Mr Doe challenge?
    Cheers, Phil

Sorry its not shooting related but its possibly the greatest bullxxxt quote I have ever heard.

I asked someone if they were familiar with a river about 70 miles away and they said yes they remember someone catching a sword fish there. I was then told that a local pet shop would order fish in bulk and discard various unwanted fish in to the river.