Thread: Memory lane

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I also used to eagerly await Dennis's lists to arrive by post, not only for the need to phone him immediately to secure a much needed gun or spare parts etc before they were sold, but to marvel at his very non-PC jokes bashed out on that ancient typewriter of his which he must have used for decades up until his final posting before he finally retired/sold out.
    I have kept all his lists mainly for pure nostalgia I suppose.
    Such a shame Dennis sold out to someone who then proceeded to sell of all the stock rather than continue trading in the same way as Dennis had anticipated!
    Aubrey

Quote Originally Posted by AC99 View Post
    I also used to eagerly await Dennis's lists to arrive by post, not only for the need to phone him immediately to secure a much needed gun or spare parts etc before they were sold, but to marvel at his very non-PC jokes bashed out on that ancient typewriter of his which he must have used for decades up until his final posting before he finally retired/sold out.
    I have kept all his lists mainly for pure nostalgia I suppose.
    Such a shame Dennis sold out to someone who then proceeded to sell of all the stock rather than continue trading in the same way as Dennis had anticipated!
    Aubrey
    I don't think Chris has sold off much of the stock, Aubrey, and I know for a fact that he's been generous with parts to collectors in need.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

i can remember the smell of pipe smoke on ever thing he sold it stunk like crap the only thing bad I can say about the man good old days we need him back but not the pipe

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    I don't remember these lists as I did not get back into airguns until about 9 years ago.
    However the lists are similar to some that a record collector bloke used to send out to my brother a few years ago, with the jokes, observations an disorganised lists. As someone who has a crap computer, an email that is crap and hard to get into and has no photos, I can appreciate how these lists came about in the somewhat chaotic state that they did.

With regards to Chris, he has been very helpful with bits for my various "crap gun" projects over the years.
    Of all the people who have been banned from the BBS over the years, he is the one who I miss as he actually did post in this section.
    Most of the banned ones were loud mouthed keyboard warriors, trolls and d--kh--ds, who never posted outside of "non airgun" or "members only".

But I digress
    Nice to see some of this stuff up on line and also that Dennis Hiller produced the books that I refer to when I'm looking at olde gunny stuff.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

I can't even remember what Chris was banned for; was it for trading on the BBS ?

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    I can't even remember what Chris was banned for; was it for trading on the BBS ?
    No, it was being involved in some barney or other over in the members' section - no doubt that seemed very serious at the time.

Plus being rather rude to the mods afterwards. Numerous attempts to have him reinstated have failed for that reason, unfortunately... he was an asset to collectables.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

HW Vixen

Such a shame this fellow got banned on here. I know personally of just a few of the good deeds and charitable acts he performed. The last Melbourne Marksmen event that he and I attended raised over £700 for the poppy appeal, I think the figures have declined since his involvement.

He has sent out many spares, free of charge to many keen up and coming collectors and done so without publicising it on threads/posts.

Most of us on here are getting on a bit and it would be nice to see the olive branch offered and forget any past discrepancies, whatever they may have been.

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    The last time I wandered down memory lane - I got lost!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.