Thread: PCP's....kick?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    you will get recoil in a pcp as you do in any gun when you pull the trigger you cause an action that is the hammer being pushed by the hammer spring the momment it hits the valve stem it stops you would not be able to see this it happens to quick then you get the blast of air that air stops mommentarily till it opens the pellet skirt to shove it down the barrel try putting your cocked pcp on a table pull the trigger and watch it jump even without a pellet in it.

Paul
    I have guns because i enjoy shooting, what i dont enjoy is being screwed by red tape and a dishonest government.

Quote Originally Posted by trooper3.1 View Post
    you will get recoil in a pcp as you do in any gun when you pull the trigger you cause an action that is the hammer being pushed by the hammer spring the momment it hits the valve stem it stops you would not be able to see this it happens to quick then you get the blast of air that air stops mommentarily till it opens the pellet skirt to shove it down the barrel try putting your cocked pcp on a table pull the trigger and watch it jump even without a pellet in it.

Paul
    Don't forget to breathe

My Skan doesn't recoil much at all when dry fired (i.e. no firing pin & no air) But it certainly does when shooting normally. I can only conclude that the recoil from the rearwards action of the 'piston' is negligible, it's the pellet and air release that make the difference.

you deffo get a recoil from the hammer and excessive air upon an fac career. no doubt about it , but its hardly noticable upon something like a aa s4*0 and nothing upon my daystate mk3 electronic either.
    grim reaper to the bunny population!!

deano is offline Crack!.......Wheeee........Thup
    go an have a go of a .300 RUM!