Thread: Webley MK VI

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just got home from M.A.G. with mine. First impressions.....fantastic finish and build quality, a real handfull.
    Now off to the 'shed' for a plinking and chrono session........

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    Just got home from M.A.G. with mine. First impressions.....fantastic finish and build quality, a real handfull.
    Now off to the 'shed' for a plinking and chrono session........

Pete.
    Very interested in the chrono results!

At first sight the rearsight with its inserted notch element looks a good deal higher than the original.

Presumably this is because the original big bullet rocked the piece back in early recoil as it ambled up the bore, making it necessary to angle the boreline downwards for normal aim - so the nearly-recoilless CO2 version has to bring the boreline up to compensate, and the only way to do that without making the foresight unrealistically low was to up the rearsight?

These look fun. Do you have to be a re-enactor or a registered collector or a member of some secret society or other to buy one?

Regards,
    MikB
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

No -classed as an airgun.
    Power over toy level.
    If it was a toy you couldnt buy it without the secret handshake.

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Picked mine up from BAR this afternoon, very impressed with it, i`m going chrono it using lead BBs tomorrow Gamo 4.5mm 8.18gr i wonder if you can get spare cartridges for it ?

Got mine yesterday from Protek Supplies.
    Great toy, just like the real thing, seems quite accurate. The chambers are shorter than on the outher Co2 revolvers so only the Webley cartridges will fit.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

I have modified 6 D.W. shells to fit the Webley. It's just a matter of shortening the rear ends of the DW nose cones so that they are the same dimensions as the Webley ones. It took me about 20 minutes on my small hobby lathe.
    In fact the modified DW shells shoot much tighter groups than the Webley shells.
    See my post on the subject in the UBC pistol section. ...... link.

http://umarexboysclubforum.myfinefor...6472&start=220

Pete.

Spare shells for the Mk.VI are on the way. Your local dealer should know when they're available.

I am always keen to get spare shells and magazines for my guns.
    Which I never seem to use.
    Still nice to pass them on to a new owner when I sell -usually at no charge.
    Time to stop both habits!

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I am always keen to get spare shells and magazines for my guns.
    Which I never seem to use.

Still nice to pass them on to a new owner when I sell -usually at no charge.
    Time to stop both habits!
    I know what you mean

I've got 6 pellet shells that I made and as I can load from the rear, there is no need to remove them from the gun.
    I found with the Dan Wesson that if you fired off too many shots in quick succession, the valve cooled down with subsequent loss of power. Reloading the same few shells allows the valve to recover.

Ian

You can get extra shells for the umarex colt pithon from this place not cheep about £20 for six but I could not find anywhere other to get them as I do not live near any places that could posably sell them.

http://www.sportwaffen-schneider.de/...40_89_108_1302

I do like the webley pistol but it is a bit on the large side for my liking I am also looking forword to seeing if the new Colt 45 is going to be any good one of the things that I like about the idea of having one is the chrome finish it lasts better than the black paint on the webley but then a chrome webley just would not look rite or would it.?