Thread: Guru time

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    If this was before they brought expanding back on to section 1 then it would be because they were section 5 and you needed authorisation on your cert to buy them. If recently I'd take your business elsewhere or ask them to get in touch with their FLD to clarify

In terms of details on record, if you were buying anything restricted (primers / sect 5 projectiles) then they need to see the ticket because for all they know you could have had your ticket revoked in the interim
    These were 155gn SMKs....!!

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    These were 155gn SMKs....!!
    I may be wrong, but there may be a chance that the chap selling them could not tell the difference between HP and HPBT. Many just see the hollow point match bullet and assume they are "designed to expand", which they aint as we know.

They use heavy SMKs in sniper ammunition now which took some clarification but it "Aint designed to expand", so its legal, as well as the Blackhills 5.56x45 262 Mod 1 77grain loads some of the US forces have been using in combat. Its a 77 grain HPBT match round rather than a scabby SS109 62gr round.

May even have thought you were carrying out a test purchase
    I'm a maggot in another life you know