Thread: Sales section rules

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Surely if someone wants to sell an item on a forum that clearly states rules, then they should abide by the forum rules, if this isn't the case, then what's the point in having rules in the first place, atb Daz

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD DAZ View Post
    Surely if someone wants to sell an item on a forum that clearly states rules, then they should abide by the forum rules, if this isn't the case, then what's the point in having rules in the first place, atb Daz
    Even if 2 people put ON the tread say they want to buy,

Its still down to the seller to decide who he wants to sell too.

Its his decision.

So what the rules say are irrelevant.

So stop crying, we have all been gazumped on the sales so suck it up.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Even if 2 people put ON the tread say they want to buy,

Its still down to the seller to decide who he wants to sell too.

Its his decision.

So what the rules say are irrelevant.

So stop crying, we have all been gazumped on the sales so suck it up.
    Ooh tuff guy ay

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD DAZ View Post
    Ooh tuff guy ay
    Not at all, just saying how it is.
    Master Debater

I saw the thread in the sales section and one person had posted "PM sent", then BAD DAZ posted he would have it if it was still available. It wasn't, so what's the problem Daz ? You knew there was a PM sent before you posted, so the rifle was potentially sold. The seller hasn't broken any rules.

As Murphy has said, we've all been gazumped at some point. No use moaning about it, just be ready for when the next one comes along... Good Luck
    GOOD DEALS...Here,post 6404

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    That's my old rifle (and my photos from my advert from when I sold it a year or so ago, too) ... You probably don't want to here this BAD DAZ, but it looks lots better in the flesh than it does in the photos, and shoots smoother than a very smooth thing on a special day for shooting smoothly, too (sorry chaps, it's the miscreant in me, I just couldn't resist ) ...

For ref however, as the o-p has edited out the price now it has sold (wish people wouldn't do that), so what was the advertised sale price, please?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    That's my old rifle (and my photos from my advert from when I sold it a year or so ago, too) ... You probably don't want to here this BAD DAZ, but it looks lots better in the flesh than it does in the photos, and shoots smoother than a very smooth thing on a special day for shooting smoothly, too (sorry chaps, it's the miscreant in me, I just couldn't resist ) ...

For ref however, as the o-p has edited out the price now it has sold (wish people wouldn't do that), so what was the advertised sale price, please?

£25 plus postage

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Nice one, I had to watch it all to remember the punchline
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff0100 View Post
    I saw the thread in the sales section and one person had posted "PM sent", then BAD DAZ posted he would have it if it was still available. It wasn't, so what's the problem Daz ? You knew there was a PM sent before you posted, so the rifle was potentially sold. The seller hasn't broken any rules.

As Murphy has said, we've all been gazumped at some point. No use moaning about it, just be ready for when the next one comes along... Good Luck
    Nailed it in one.

CannonFodder is offline Brown envelope round the back Squire...
    I would like to set the record straight here.

I sold the rifle to someone who PM’d me first with a firm offer, before Bad-daz. I PM’d bad-daz and informed him of this and that he was second in line if the seller dropped out (dac41 made low offer and then dropped out).

When the rifle was sold I PM’d bad-daz again telling him of this and thanking him for his interest.

In don’t see if I could have done more, maybe I will in future put a caveat on my sales threads.

Finally, I think it would be best if the full facts were known before posting on threads, especially on a sales thread.

Regards
    Haydn
    Last edited by CannonFodder; 23-03-2018 at 05:46 AM.