Page 61 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash 16th and 17th September 2023

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    do wah diddy diddy dum diddy dee
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Going back to the musical note for a second
    We saw The Manfreds the other wee(Manfred Mann without Manfred)
    Paul Jones singing Pretty Flamingo standing on one leg at the age of 81. Still got a great voice too
    And talking of ear worms

THERE SHE WAS JUST A WALKING DOWN THE STREET SINGING.....
    Excellent.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Cool Bell Ringing.

Yay!!!!!!

After years of teasing myself (I nearly attended just before Covid came along), I finally got to a Lincs Bell Target League meet (practice night) last night. And what a brilliant evening.

I nearly didn't go. The old mince pies will be commencing attention next week with the cataract removal and vision has deteriorated of late, making me detest night driving. I had messaged Gary. Gary's the one who many of you know now who came to his first Bash in May 2022 and then really bit the bug, has attended many Bash meets now, acquired lots of guns and has joined up at Lincs HFT Club. I described by predicament and Gary offered to ferry me to the Bell Target. I felt slightly awkward as this was putting him well out of his way, but finally accepted.

What a great evening. Lovely venue at The Sun Inn at Saxilby, near Lincoln. I've been there once many years before. Lovely feel to the place - excellent bar. It was band night, too. So, at first, it felt really weird walking through a bar with plenty of people with your rifle (in a case, obviously).

Everyone there was very nice and welcoming. As I've found you encounter with just about everything "airgun" and mixing like-minded, friendly folk. The "crowd" varies. Yesterday evening was mainly blokes 40+, but there were two younger teenage lads and a teen lady there too. Loads of friendly banter and laughs.

I'd taken along my little 24D. Accurate, sweet trigger and sub-6. But you can take sub-12 rifles, so my open sighted 35s and 30s will definitely get taken. And, once I have that better vision, aim to take the 300S and 55T along. That little 24D gave an excellent account of itself and rang the bell a fair few times, despite the blurry vision. The lighting was excellent, though, which enabled me to make out the aiming mark - just!

What an ace and fulfilling evening's entertainment. We were there for nigh-on two and a half hours (a few were still shooting), had live music in the background, chips were included, lovely venue and brilliant company and all for £3! An absolute bargain. I will be back. I'd love to go for every meet (once a fortnight), but we'll see and I will be joining up.

Thank you Gary and thank you all at the Sun Inn Saxilby for a most wonderful evening.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Sounds like a good un and gives hope for the 25D once it's revived, don't blame you on the night driving as I'm pretty sure it combined with reading manifests by streetlight is why my eyes are a bit iffy.
    Not got a Bell target yet but the ponderings got me wanting to make some knock down ducks so once the Nieces toys done It's back to target making until the gun tools are sorted.

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Sounds like a great night and a fantastic venue
    Now we need to book a band for the Bash
    Glad you enjoyed it Tony
    Pete

Well I've an old Boombox and a selection of Cassettes should I have a driver for the occasion, hits from most areas but no idea where the adaptor got to for heathen behaviour of plugging in phones.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yay!!!!!!

After years of teasing myself (I nearly attended just before Covid came along), I finally got to a Lincs Bell Target League meet (practice night) last night. And what a brilliant evening.

I nearly didn't go. The old mince pies will be commencing attention next week with the cataract removal and vision has deteriorated of late, making me detest night driving. I had messaged Gary. Gary's the one who many of you know now who came to his first Bash in May 2022 and then really bit the bug, has attended many Bash meets now, acquired lots of guns and has joined up at Lincs HFT Club. I described by predicament and Gary offered to ferry me to the Bell Target. I felt slightly awkward as this was putting him well out of his way, but finally accepted.

What a great evening. Lovely venue at The Sun Inn at Saxilby, near Lincoln. I've been there once many years before. Lovely feel to the place - excellent bar. It was band night, too. So, at first, it felt really weird walking through a bar with plenty of people with your rifle (in a case, obviously).

Everyone there was very nice and welcoming. As I've found you encounter with just about everything "airgun" and mixing like-minded, friendly folk. The "crowd" varies. Yesterday evening was mainly blokes 40+, but there were two younger teenage lads and a teen lady there too. Loads of friendly banter and laughs.

I'd taken along my little 24D. Accurate, sweet trigger and sub-6. But you can take sub-12 rifles, so my open sighted 35s and 30s will definitely get taken. And, once I have that better vision, aim to take the 300S and 55T along. That little 24D gave an excellent account of itself and rang the bell a fair few times, despite the blurry vision. The lighting was excellent, though, which enabled me to make out the aiming mark - just!

What an ace and fulfilling evening's entertainment. We were there for nigh-on two and a half hours (a few were still shooting), had live music in the background, chips were included, lovely venue and brilliant company and all for £3! An absolute bargain. I will be back. I'd love to go for every meet (once a fortnight), but we'll see and I will be joining up.

Thank you Gary and thank you all at the Sun Inn Saxilby for a most wonderful evening.
    Sounds like a really great evening mate 👍👍👍👍

Cheers for the lovely comments, peeps. It was a fantastic evening and I can't wait to get there again.

That sounds like a great evening Tone!! I wish there was something like that down our way. The shooting clubs etc are pretty thin on the ground here.

Just read about your experience at the bell target club Tony.
    I am glad that you enjoyed the event and that Gary (The collector) took you to the location.
    Like Mike as mentioned,we have nothing like it in our neck of the woods either..
    I must set something up at my club MAD Hft , some of the members have some lovely pre war LJ pattern bsa’s to use on the bell target.
    Les..

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Although there are a number of BT clubs around I reckon its more of a "Midlands Thing", a bit like Skittle Alleys in pubs and clubs Les !
    None up here as far as I'm aware.
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Although there are a number of BT clubs around I reckon its more of a "Midlands Thing", a bit like Skittle Alleys in pubs and clubs Les !
    You are definitely correct in the location of the bell target scene being in the midlands ,Birmingham and surrounding areas.what with BSA and Webley being on the doorstep.
    Les..

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Funnyingly enough Les, I've just returned from a trip down in that neck of the woods visiting our reletives, just got home two hours ago !
    Managed a visit to a couple of gunshops in the area but didn't buy anything and didn't do any Bell Target !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    This is what the Bell target league is like round here ---

http://www.belltarget.com/hinkley-league.php

My daughter's just bought a house near Ashby road Sports club.
    It's a shame that my right eye's stopped working.

Edit :-

I'm now sat here wondering why I bought another bloody gun today

Ah well.
    Last edited by T 20; 23-11-2023 at 09:20 PM.

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    It's a shame that my right eye's stopped working.
    Kin ‘ell Mick, what’s up with the eye ? Is it related to the Labyrinthitis ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22