Quote Originally Posted by enfield2band View Post
I don't know how they will put them (smokeless) on the explosive license. I think they would have to create a new category and a new license.
There has been talk of smokeless being stored like blackpowder but it is pointless, it is not an explosive and only burns fiercely when unconfined.
The original reason for the storage of blackpowder was not for security reasons, it was to give the occupants time to vacate the premises to avoid being caught in the blast if there was a fire. Once the fire reaches the BP and one canister explodes it will destroy the storage box and cause a chain reaction. By which time there should be no one left in the building.
In the eighties bp had to be stored in a wooden lined metal box. I used an old ammo box lined with thin ply. Someone then twigged that’s a metal box full of gunpowder was not a good idea. The same feo who was mouthing off about nc powder also insists that my bp boxes have anti tamper screws to prevent anyone from nicking the powder. I pointed out that a, Ive never seen a fire use a screwdriver and b, it’s a wooden box-a hammer will open it! But, no anti tamper screws then no licence. It’s pointless trying to argue with someone like that.