Thread: CMMG AR15 .22LR Mk4 Evo - Lanner Tactical Version

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adymorris View Post
    ideally need to get a shorter magazine as it's a little fiddley out of a vehicle, that's the only thing I can find wrong with it and it's not really a fault as such; more ergonomics.
    This is the only quibble I have with mine, other than that I absolutely love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard_J View Post
    This is the only quibble I have with mine, other than that I absolutely love it!
    Just emailed Paul re the shorter mags he was getting in, different style to the CMMG grey ones but shorter which is the main thing

You have the older version grey magazines. These are being discontinued to be superceded by the Evolution magazines, of which I have three of, and they are bloody marvelous! I run a CMMG .22 conversion bolt in my AR-15, plus the anti jam charging handle, forward assist adapter, and bolt hold open actuator. Everything works like a charm, it's like having two rifles in one! I still shoot open sights, but I can easily group about 1" - 1.5" at 50yds, and about 5" at 100yds. Overall CMMG make a great product that's going to deliver years of fun.
    Webley Vulcan .22, Webley Tempest .177, Beeman Kodiak .25, Beeman R9 .177, Weihrauch HW30 .177, Slavia 618 .177, Colt Commander .45ACP, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Bushmaster AR-15 5.56/.223

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanator View Post
    You have the older version grey magazines. These are being discontinued to be superceded by the Evolution magazines, of which I have three of, and they are bloody marvelous!
    Yep, there the ones, we talked about the evo mags when I got the rifle, I preferred the look of the old style ones so got an extra one of them, they were out of stock of the short skinned 10 round ones which I need desperately for out the truck window as the 25 rounders are a couple of inches too long

The grey mags do look more authentic, and they work very well, but the green followers they have in them did not work the bolt hold open actuator in my rifle. I had my three older mags exchanged for the evolution type, and all was good. The waffle look of the evolution mags have grown on me, plus they are more substantial in construction, especially the feed lips which are metal.
    Webley Vulcan .22, Webley Tempest .177, Beeman Kodiak .25, Beeman R9 .177, Weihrauch HW30 .177, Slavia 618 .177, Colt Commander .45ACP, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Bushmaster AR-15 5.56/.223

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanator View Post
    The grey mags do look more authentic, and they work very well, but the green followers they have in them did not work the bolt hold open actuator in my rifle. I had my three older mags exchanged for the evolution type, and all was good. The waffle look of the evolution mags have grown on me, plus they are more substantial in construction, especially the feed lips which are metal.

I must admit I've had a couple of instances where I've fired the last round, pulled the trigger again (not realizing I was out) then as I've pulled the mag the bolt has released on it's own accord so i've had to use the charging handle again as opposed to the bolt release button

Quote Originally Posted by adymorris View Post
    I must admit I've had a couple of instances where I've fired the last round, pulled the trigger again (not realizing I was out) then as I've pulled the mag the bolt has released on it's own accord so i've had to use the charging handle again as opposed to the bolt release button
    The bolt hold open actuator fits between the lower and upper receiver. It interfaces and allows full operation of the bolt catch. Without it, the green follower of your magazine locks back the bolt - until you remove the mag, then it closes thus requiring you to manually use the bolt catch when pulling back the bolt. When you get the evo mag, you should purchase the BHOA, it's only $20 over here and is designed to work with the evo mags. The only other mod you may need to do with the BHOA is cut a coil or two off the bolt catch spring, I did, and I gain complete functionality when I use my conversion bolt.

Holy s*@t! Just checked out the price Lanner charges for the CMMG M4LE rifle - 900 quid! Seen them as cheap as $540 over here - rip off Britain is alive and well.

That's a good price for an AR15 over this side of the pond -