Thread: Tasty "NEW" Webley SSP Pistol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Is it a Webley or a rebadge of a foreign product?
    There doesn't seem to be much info out there apart from the one site
    Nick
    It is basically a re badged product, and is a multi pump instead of single stroke pneumatic, hence the variable power levels.
    Here's the flyer:
    http://mynetimages.com/1653bc9167.jpg
    http://mynetimages.com/15ad1c6a01.jpg

Question RE-badged

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    It is basically a re badged product, and is a multi pump instead of single stroke pneumatic, hence the variable power levels.
    Here's the flyer:
    http://mynetimages.com/1653bc9167.jpg
    http://mynetimages.com/15ad1c6a01.jpg
    IF as you say its re badged, what is it re badged from?, do tell!...mike...

Isle of Wight - southside with all the sheep
    they are also going to do a run of Tempests

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    whats the price on one of these i cant find it anywere???
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

BeerJam is offline Loser of the 2011 'Barn Door Trophy'.
    Headley, Hampshire (behind the graveyard!)
    Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    whats the price on one of these i cant find it anywere???
    The RRP is £169.99, I believe

Cheers, Mark
    Proud to be a member of; MVAC and Countryside Alliance
    "...... I'm good with the science, but rubbish with the gun "

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerJam View Post
    The RRP is £169.99, I believe

Cheers, Mark

cheers mark

seems quite tempting as an upgrade on my hw40.
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    IF as you say its re badged, what is it re badged from?, do tell!...mike...
    Hatsan, at a guess.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Graham2 is offline Slightly camp, makes decent chilli, and has a box of tissues and a can of 3 In 1 in the gun room
    I handled it (there was only one in existence at the time) at the Midland Game Fair and it looks very nice, a sort or Nemesis on steroids mixed with a Desert Eagle.
    I've been promised one for a review in Gun Mart, but I think I'll have to wait a while, as these things never work out as quickly as they should. I'll send them an email in a bit and see when I might be able to get hold of one.

I have seen pics of those from the SHOT Show ( in the U.S ) from last Jan. IIRC, they were made in Turkey.

I don't want to keep on bitching about the 'new' Webley, but why is this pistol so expensive? The whole point of them moving production out to Turkey was to cut costs, manufacturing is much cheaper out there than in western Europe, so why is this gun being offered for about £70-80 more than you could buy a brand-new UK-made Nemesis for a few years ago?

I know they say that this pistol is pretty powerful, and the dual power level is a nice feature, but how come it's selling for a lot more than the HW40 goes for, which is a similar style of pneumatic pistol, from an established western-European high-quality manufacturer?

I'm just puzzled by their pricing policy, that's all. Admittedly this pistol is better looking than an HW45, but it still seems to me that Webley are using their name to put a premium price on airguns that should have a more mid-range price, like they did before.

Chewy is offline Can't believe i missed this last night...
    I think Rob has got it spot on. It's too much money for what it is. It looks like it's being made to compete directly with the HW40, but it's £40 more expensive. All it has to offer over the HW40 is a higher power level, which just isn't needed with these pistols.

And can we please stop calling it an SSP? It's a multi-stroke pneumatic. The fact that it can be fired after one stroke doesn't change the fact that it's multi-stroke.
    Weihrauch HW99S .177 - Pardini P10 - Crosman 2240 - Beeman P17 .177 - Umarex Beretta PX4 Storm .177 - Umarex Beretta 92FS .177

Price

I'm just puzzled by their pricing policy, that's all. Admittedly this pistol is better looking than an HW45, but it still seems to me that Webley are using their name to put a premium price on airguns that should have a more mid-range price, like they did before.
    You may well be right, BUT, why should a Steyr cost as much as it does? You can apply the same argument to Umarex, Daystate, or any air gun. Yes the other guns quoted are supposed to be better engineered but that still does not explain the collossal price difference between them. Daystate will point out all the technical innovations, Umarex will laugh all the way to the bank since they will outsell Daystate by a HUGE margin. If the gun buying public are prepared to pay the price asked then that is a fair price for that gun. No matter what gun you look at some will love it and some will hate it. I like Webley guns and to be honest it wouldnt be a Webley without some glaring fault. For example the Nemisis sights, the outdated appearance of the Tempest, the introduction of the Typhoon. Yet the first two were revolutionary when they were launched and they were STILL selling (in greatly reduced numbers) untill production ceased and then the second hand market took off. This might actualy be the first Webley pistol where it all comes together.

Yep! I want one as well, but like I said, these things are totaly subjective and no matter what your choice is enjoy it.

Good grief that was a rant Sorry

Target Bunny
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!