Thread: New BSA Pellets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hi Pete, yep, you're quite correct re the pricing of many of the H&N pellets, including the popular (and excellent) FTT.

Now, as regards those barrels, that .22 Mercury S of mine loves the amazingly well-priced Excite Hammer. So maybe worth giving them a go in some of yours?

Plus, am I remembering correctly that H&N bought the rights to the Defiants, or was I getting that mixed up? You never know, if the new relationship flourishes, BSA might be able to make some "custom demands"?
    I've got some of those defiants and have to say they don't group very well in my Beeza's

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Bought some new to me BSA Elite in. 22 blue tin off our sponsor and tried them today for the first time in a BSA Stutzen open sights very good but only 10 metres will pop a scope on and try longer distances.
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

.22 magic

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    Bought some new to me BSA Elite in. 22 blue tin off our sponsor and tried them today for the first time in a BSA Stutzen open sights very good but only 10 metres will pop a scope on and try longer distances.
    Your won't be disappointed with BSA's or should I say Gamo's Elites . Wonderful pellet no matter whose name is on the outside of the tin .
    Mid weight pellets around the 15 grain mark seem to rock , certainly over my chrono . These specific pellets gave some very satisfying but still safe and legal figures through some my guns including springers . As for accuracy , more than enough . This is the thing with 'reviews' whether online or printed in those poxy magazines .
    The Reviewer usually always has only one gun to test with and of course there is not enough time nor drive to test out the pellets with a handful .
    The review will either conclude in too quick a time that the pellets either work or are rubbish .
    I gave up looking for the larger 500 Elite tins - and nearly a tenner for the small 250 tin posted from that iHunter .
    Ramsbottoms sell the Elite at a good price but only in the small tin and they are out of stock .
    Then as mentioned I discovered the Gamo Pro Hunter link and have stopped looking , have all I need now for years .
    Something very very satisfying opening a big box full of nice shiny pellet tins .
    Last edited by Jimny4x4; 18-06-2021 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I've got some of those defiants and have to say they don't group very well in my Beeza's

Pete
    Never tried them Pete, so wouldn't know.

My Supersport loves the Hobby and the Mercury seems to like Superdome and the aforementioned Hammer so quest is over for me.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Never tried them Pete, so wouldn't know.

My Supersport loves the Hobby and the Mercury seems to like Superdome and the aforementioned Hammer so quest is over for me.
    One of my Challengers I had many years ago had a .22 Lightning barrel fitted and that loved FTT's, I try to run all my same calibre rifles with the same ammo, just saves having to buy lot's of different makes and luckily most of them like Air Arms or JSB's but my .20 Theoben likes FTT's.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post

Pete
    The new H&N 'Defiant' are not as good as the originals, there are subtle differences in the design and overall quality appears lower. Sad really & I like most of the H&N offerings and loved the original Defiant range.

Bisley Mags

Any idea if Bisley Mags are still the H&N Barracuda ? Think theye'se was , once .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimny4x4 View Post
    Any idea if Bisley Mags are still the H&N Barracuda ? Think theye'se was , once .
    I don't know for sure but think that they are?
    Both Weihrauch and Daystate also market their own versions of the FTT, I do believe.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!