Thread: Is it wrong...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    The irritating safety warning stamped on the rear block is a deal breaker imo. Why a sticker couldn't suffice I'll never know, and its much cheaper. This is PC compliance at its worse.
    I suspect this may driven by American legal requirements. The USA is a very litigious country full of greedy lawyers.

As for the 35 it is still popular and there must be a reason for that. Most of the haters don't like it because they find it ugly. Those who love it praise its elegant, classic lines. I am in the latter category.

Personally I find modern Daystates extremely ugly, but others think they look wonderful.

Out of the box, the HW80 and 95 are two of the most disappointing air rifles I have ever owned.

Scratch your itch by all means. If you find you have made a mistake, you will always be able to sell it. Especially if you get one with a walnut stock. Best in 22 with a small scope in low mounts.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

I've got a blue laminate one in .22 it's definitely different to everyone else's boring wooden stock ones :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post

As for the 35 it is still popular and there must be a reason for that. Most of the haters don't like it because they find it ugly. Those who love it praise its elegant, classic lines. I am in the latter category.
    I'm not sure I'd heap that much praise on the looks, but I class myself as a "like" rather than "loathe". I suppose I'll just have to shoot one.