Thread: whats your reloading techniques?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boff180 View Post
    Shot Cases - 357 and 44

3.Decap/Resize

5.Expand Neck

Andy

any chance of explaing this bit?
    thanks
    sorted

Quote Originally Posted by thesmi View Post
    any chance of explaing this bit?
    thanks
    return case to original dimentions and remove primer (done with the same die)
    flare case neck with a die to ease inserting new bullet
    hope this helps

but I opt to do as little to the cases a possible with pistol calibers because its just not worth the effort
    rifle stuff is different in my opinion if you need to know the basics read a book like the abc's of reloading

Quote Originally Posted by eugene View Post
    return case to original dimentions and remove primer (done with the same die)
    flare case neck with a die to ease inserting new bullet
    hope this helps

but I opt to do as little to the cases a possible with pistol calibers because its just not worth the effort
    rifle stuff is different in my opinion if you need to know the basics read a book like the abc's of reloading
    i see what you mean yes i thought the neck sizer expanded the hole and when i put a bullet in it seats to length and closes it kind of thing

this is what i managed today from a tikka t3 243 hunter with 75grain sierra hp using straight from thrower averaging 44.9-44.5 grains
    http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...psadcafc7e.jpg

the above gave a more accurate group than a set weight and that of a less weight so im pretty happy so far
    sorted

ignore about expanding (flaring) the case neck, I believe this is only for pistol calibre ammo like as said .38 .357 and usually crimped when used in a tube fed rifle

in necked rifle ammo the neck a squeezed down in size to make a friction fit for the bullet, no need to crimp for a non-tube fed rifle
    And then an ice hockey game broke out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0woZ...layer_embedded
    son got MOM in world championships: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoCcYwNJxv4

Tank is offline Fat things go slowly up hills
    Right, here you go. I shoot .22H and .223 and reload for both so my case prep and loading techinque is this:

1. Neck size and de prime brass.
    2. Case brush the brass,(quick, easy and gets the inside clean. Can't be faffed with a tumbler or US cleaner)
    3. Clean primer pockets.
    4. Case langth guage and trim if necessary.
    5. De burr the cases/chamfer them.
    6. Re prime them.
    7. Fill with powder.
    8. Seat bullet.
    9. Fire round, kill fox

When i write it down like that it seems so simple but in reality it's a bit of a chore when pushed for time.

I use RCBS 5-0-5's as my scales. They settle quickly and are top notch. I loaded up 30 .223 in about half an hour the other night which isn't bad for manual hand loading. They are also compatible with the Targetmaster trickler which is next on my list.
    'What is the most frustrating thing about Police work?',(Commandant Lassard)
    'Not being able to carry hand grenades Sir',(Tackleberry).

Thanks every one,
    I think all I appear to be missing is. The neck brushing and the actual. Brush so I shall order one.
    sorted