Thread: How many here collect deacts or obsolete caliber pistols?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Looks like ACPO may be heading towards trying to get .44 Russian off the obsolete calibre list - which would I guess make everyone with one suddenly need a section 7 or section 5 licence.

Don't believe this has ever been done before, so it may get dropped as not practical - but that didn't stop the same happening to Brococks and various starting pistols.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Looks like ACPO may be heading towards trying to get .44 Russian off the obsolete calibre list - which would I guess make everyone with one suddenly need a section 7 or section 5 licence.

Don't believe this has ever been done before, so it may get dropped as not practical - but that didn't stop the same happening to Brococks and various starting pistols.
    UK gun owners should write their Parlaimentarians, pointing this out, and pointing out that (I assume) there have been no crimes committed using .44 Russian caliber ammunition since the caliber was placed on the obsolete list.
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone