Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: I have been thinking about getting a new 80 but looking for reassurance

80s

I like 80s and 121 over 41 years isn't that bad is it? On average 2.8 a year..Still own 10 in the collection. Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 07-04-2024 at 04:39 PM.

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    I like 80s and 121 over 41 years isn't that bad is it? On average 2.8 a year..Still own 10 in the collection. Mach 1.5
    I can understand that, but why sell them on if it's what you want/need/desire, I have a few BSA S models but I wouldn't think of selling them on unless a better one come along.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

80s

If I didn't sell them on I would be left with one big collection over a period of 46 years of shooting. All my stuff will be going in the next few years. I've lost count how many venoms I've sold on to the next generation of collectors. Dare say you want to know how many of those I sold on. I'm not a dealer or tradesperson but just passionate about my hobby but in my growing years the passion is declining slowly. Hope that explains enough. Mach 1.5

I have one of your said 80’s Paul. I’ve been using it today and gave it a little tidy up from use and storage. It’s one of my favourite rifles an Airmasters HW80 Tyrolean. My little collection of rifles has been significantly improved since. Sometimes I’ve bought a rifle because I wanted just the scope or, even the mounts. There are many many reasons why you or, plenty of others have a rifle and move it on. Shall we start a list….😅

Snap I have an engraved V-glide I got off Paul, to be quite honest I would imagine most people on the BBS, have a rifle or two they have bought from Paul.
    He seems to have a magnetic attraction to nice 80’s especially Venoms and without his stash and his willingness to share we would all be much worse off

Quote Originally Posted by Rikard View Post
    Snap I have an engraved V-glide I got off Paul, to be quite honest I would imagine most people on the BBS, have a rifle or two they have bought from Paul.
    He seems to have a magnetic attraction to nice 80’s especially Venoms and without his stash and his willingness to share we would all be much worse off
    Well said that man!

Don't get me wrong, I understand what Paul does, I suppose if I look at it another way, it is jealousy that Paul has the money and has also managed to find so many special rifles, I also can understand the addiction of trying all different tuned and custom editions from different tuners.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Just brought another so that is 121 I've owned. A full VMach 80 custom. I couldn't say no. Mach 1.5
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

If I didn't sell them on I would be left with one big collection over a period of 46 years of shooting. All my stuff will be going in the next few years. I've lost count how many venoms I've sold on to the next generation of collectors. Dare say you want to know how many of those I sold on. I'm not a dealer or tradesperson but just passionate about my hobby but in my growing years the passion is declining slowly. Hope that explains enough. Mach 1.5
    I've owned and shot airguns for about the same amount of time, Paul. Had (and still own) a fair few, but nowhere near the amount that you'll have had / moved on.

I think it's great that someone with your knowledge finds these rifles out, enjoys them for a while and then passes them on for the next doting owner to enjoy.

I hope your passion doesn't diminish. To me it doesn't seem like that's the case at all at the present with the contributions you make to the forum, sharing your vast knowledge etc. In years to come maybe your collection might thin a little, but do keep shooting and enjoying owning those wonderful toys, never losing sight of the joy and fulfilment they have provided over the years and the special people we have met through this wonderful hobby we share.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I've owned and shot airguns for about the same amount of time, Paul. Had (and still own) a fair few, but nowhere near the amount that you'll have had / moved on.

I think it's great that someone with your knowledge finds these rifles out, enjoys them for a while and then passes them on for the next doting owner to enjoy.

I hope your passion doesn't diminish. To me it doesn't seem like that's the case at all at the present with the contributions you make to the forum, sharing your vast knowledge etc. In years to come maybe your collection might thin a little, but do keep shooting and enjoying owning those wonderful toys, never losing sight of the joy and fulfilment they have provided over the years and the special people we have met through this wonderful hobby we share.
    Who are you calling "special"

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Who are you calling "special"
    Maybe not the best word to choose, eh, Pete?

I will be looking for another soon. I am torn between 77 and a 97, but I think I'll be going for on older 80. Those decisions are purely aesthetic, because I do not know enough about the individual rifles
    Although things can change at any time
    Open Channel D

Happy to say that I'm in the process of relieving you of a Mk 1 right now

Toni
    Open Channel D

I think Barry should buy a new one, not seen many about and although th lock up piece doesn't look great, there are no reports of problems. Time to get your wallet out Bazzer!
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by ToniD View Post
    Happy to say that I'm in the process of relieving you of a Mk 1 right now

Toni
    Anything from Paul will be excellent.

Well done and enjoy.