Thread: Packham gets General License revoked!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Not being funny but rewording it will make no difference to the ones that WANT to shoot birds in their garden . just like the laws that say you can't shoot cats and and most songbirds with them .

A lot of this has been caused by these people that WANT to shoot birds in their garden as well as Packham and co with their agenda to have all shooting banned .

These people are doing no one any favours and they wont change their mind .

I left a comment on facebook about the revoking and one other person said "screw them ,i'm going to carry on regardless" .

That's what your up against i'm afraid.
    Oh yes, I am well aware of the small minority element and I am with you all the way on how you see it. I just feel like there ought to be some form of middle ground plus unmistakable once and for all line in the sand drawn with all this. Folks openly admitting to back garden "fatal" type shooting should be followed up and dealt with, the same with any law breakers, there is only one simple sentence in the guidance that refers to such behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Portzy View Post
    Oh yes, I am well aware of the small minority element and I am with you all the way on how you see it. I just feel like there ought to be some form of middle ground plus unmistakable once and for all line in the sand drawn with all this. Folks openly admitting to back garden "fatal" type shooting should be followed up and dealt with, the same with any law breakers, there is only one simple sentence in the guidance that refers to such behaviour.
    it probably does say it but given that its laid out in the way that you would need a philadelphia lawyer to decipher it could make it look like its ok to blatt them in your garden.

Like the stickies on here giving the forum rules and on other forums , who reads them ? very few I would think. The same could be said for the general license .

Some shooters will watch the likes of verminhunterstv or huntersvermin on youtube and think thats it ok just to go and buy an airgun then go "hunting " in their garden but never read the general license or any of the shooting guidelines as we have seen when so people have not secured their airguns and children have found them then shot and killed other children with them .

Until these people research what they can and can't do and abide by these guidelines then its lost battle for the law abiding ones.

people can and will try to educate newbies but some of these newbies will not listen and do as they please.
    Last edited by bighit; 24-04-2019 at 10:30 AM.