Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Good luck to you if you've got the time and money to do this every time. Personally, I've either done jobs myself or got enthusiastic amateurs to do them on my behalf that have been better jobs than many so called professionals. Not all professionals are created equal. In the case of Nightforce I suspect that this particular saga has more to do with them not understanding or caring about the demands and expectations of FT than an inability of the scope to be set up for FT. There are a few Nightforce scopes out on the circuit that have been successfully reparallaxed and are working fine. Another case of you pay your money and take your choice.
Hi,

Thanks. I pay my money and get things done in the proper way.

Actually, this is the same thing about getting airguns serviced. Well, how many of you do this yourself or get other amateurs to do this for you ? Is it not true that most airgunners send their airguns to either the company that makes them or to other qualified professional people for service ?
How come then that high quality and high priced scopes should not be serviced by those who make them but should be serviced by amateurs who after alterations can not test the scope to see if it lives up to the org. specifications like waterproofness/fog proofness, variations in point of impact and picture quality through the scope ?
Well, I don´t get it !

You can say this about many, many other things like new cars for example with all their electronics inside. TV and computers and so on. How many folks out there service these products themself ? And I mean all of them and not just one thing for example a TV but also their car and other more technical stuff at the same time.