Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
just to return to the original poster:-

You are using a 20+ year old design rifle action and trigger, technology has moved on in those years a lot, and I know the MEC project EC is 2600 Euro cost alone, there will also be extras, such as butt plate, possibly sights, unless you use the old ones.

And, you will still have a 20 year old rifle in a new stock, and a stock that you will need to develop, and you will probably need custom clamps for your barrel.

This is not a ten shot sort out job, it will need many hundreds of rounds of testing, and the associated range time to get the best from it, there are clamp locations to test, and torque settings to ascertain, and even on its best, then it may not (probably won't) be any better, tighter groups, than it is now!
Technology has developed, lock time are faster, triggers are better, sights are better, butt plates are different, you would be better selling your complete rifle, and buying a new modern one, have a modern short action, faster lock time, a modern trigger, modern sights, and a modern stock and butt plate, why do you think the top world level shots use the latest technology, and if you sold the old one, for not a lot more than the cost of doing the same with your old action! The MEC project stock is top tech, why put a 20 year old design in it?

The KK500 is the modern pick of the bunch, it is more ergonomic, better equipped, good butt plates, sights, etc, its proven, and cost effective, and it gets the results!
My wife has a KK500, because she also shoots 300 mt (with a Keppeler) she wanted her KK500 in a Keppeler stock, so she had her two rifles the same feel and balance, this was a project done with the help and cooperation of both Walther, and Keppeler, it shoots superbly, but I can tell you there was a lot of work, testing, and time, to achieve the end result.

My advice, just sell the Centre 10, and buy a new modern well equipped rifle.

Have Fun
Robin
All pretty much true, but how much has the tech improved the accuracy of the barrel/action. Ultimately it comes down to the operator, if that operates everything properly it should go in the middle. A nice comfy well sorted stock would help with this, once it's set up correctly, yes, lots of tuning to be had with either the barrel clamps in the EC case but it would also need plenty of work on the butt hook, cheekpiece, handstop, trigger, sights, rear and fore etc etc regardless of what stock.

Modern kit is nice but the price in one hit is out of my reach, so as with my previous rifles it has to be done Frankenstein style.

Not fussed about lock times on the range, I'd be using a spare Gemini butt hook, I have some nice gehmann wind sights going spare which I like and the foresight would be either the new race or a centra score plus, 22mm inserts, Handstops aplenty and access to a good variety of ammo. I liked the look of the centre 10 as it's a chunky thing with a chunky bolt, the shillen barrel appears in superb Nick and with a claimed low shot count (never raced or rallied etc ). But the uit stock is not my cup of tea, maybe for my son when he's a bit older, but not me. I could have a stock machined to fit the c10 (Dolphin was first option) but then it will only fit the c10, barrel clamps would allow another action at some point hence the EC.
If the c10 comes to nothing in my hands then I'll pass it on and probably revert back to my current rifle, made of: 1913 action, Lilja barrel, Walther sights, centra handstop, Gemini hook, home made cheekpiece and the old cast anschutz stock (which I've returned to on many occasions having tried others lol )

Thanks for the input Robin, every view point is appreciated but I have a centre 10 and I'm gonna hang on to it for a while, I would like to be comfortable shooting it too though.

Bing!