Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You must read this if you hunt at night or like gadgets

You must read this if you hunt at night or like gadgets

Well where to start OK Laser Genetics utilizes exclusive patented optical laser technology to develop the lighting instruments of the future for civilian and professional use. Founded in 2006, Laser Genetics is one of the nation’s fastest growing manufacturers of personal-use laser lighting products. With its headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Laser Genetics is dedicated to developing high efficiency laser illumination products specific for outdoors, hunting, marine, emergency, and home defense use.

With low energy use and high illumination yield, the ND Series of Laser Designators enables you to focus full illumination where you need it, with the least loss of light due to “flooding”. The ND Series puts you in full control of directed laser light for maximum illumination of the intended object. The high power laser beam may be collimated down and concentrated to cast an intense, highly visible beam of light that can be seen miles away, usefull for signaling or search and rescue operations. Or adjust the beam to 10ft to light a path for full night vision.

Through extensive research, Laser Genetics has developed a product that is more than just a laser pointer. The ND3 and ND5 hand held laser products utilize new laser technology that delivers the ultimate night vision solution.

ND•3 - Long Distance Laser Designator - The Ultimate Alternative to Night Vision

The ND3 Laser Designator uses patented technology to create true night vision and turns your scoped rifle into a night hunter. Combining a powerful, eye safe green laser diode and a precision optical collimator, the ND3 pairs with your scope and allows you to cast a bright beam of green laser light to fully illuminate targets up to 250 yards.

The patented optical collimator allows for quick, one hand, full range adjustment of beam diameter and light strength with just 180 degrees of rotation. You never have to take your eyes off the target or your hand off the trigger. High power green laser light reflects intensely off the eyes of animals allowing quick detection up to 250 yards. The ND3 works well for both night hunting and game spotting.

Well what do you think interested ? I am I have gotta get one of these they are for spotting and illuminating you target. Not to be confused with the aim point lasers this device is a high tech illuminator that works like a spotting lamp. here is the link to the Laser Genetics website.

http://www.lasergenetics.com/nd3-laser-designator.aspx

This is awsome I will attach any other information I can find asap WELL DONE BSA

ATB SS

Sounds awesome, shame about the price tag!

Is this expensive ?

Quote Originally Posted by Titchgamer View Post
    Sounds awesome, shame about the price tag!
    Night vision = £500 plus illuminator £600 and thats starting from unless you want a piece of rubbish

Add ons I have used are very awkward to use/Set up and make you hang off you gun in an un-natural way

Dedicated unit means you have to have a dedicated gun so £600 for the bottom range unit plus a complete extra gun, Pod etc let say thats £700 also so £1300 in total for a set up that wont be all that good. As far as I know Dedicated night vision as I am sure your aware only gives you 5 or 6 mag at most.

So rubbish Add or Dedicated setup is going to cost you Anything from £600-£1300 and this is assuming your buying from the budget end of the Night vision market.

I believe this unit costs about $325 so whats that in UK £'s ABOUT £215 I think. So is that a lot of money ? I dont think so for a state of the art military spec Laser Illuminator I would be happy to pay that price.

Lets face it It will attach to any gun allow you to use the gun day or night you will have no hanging off the back of the gun like you do with add ons and you wont be limited to 4 or 5 mag as it will work with any scope and it comes with 30mm or 1inch fitting in the kit so you really can use it on any scope.

I just found a video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgEo7...eature=related

I dont know if I am missing something here but this is my 10p's worth

ATB SS
    Last edited by Silent sentinel; 07-04-2010 at 10:28 PM. Reason: I just found a video

Saw one of these the other day and was impressed. Two things that concern me though -

Why are they compared to NV? They project visible light so aren't they more like a green lamp? Compared to a 170 with a green filter they're fairly expensive. But probably better wired!

Many of the US reports seem to say that they just refuse to work in cold weather. That's a pretty big issue over here.

Jamie
    Professional Pest Control without Poisons - Trapping and snaring equipment - www.jllpestcontrol.co.uk

not only that but they dont ship outside of the US look at the shipping information here https://www.lasergenetics.com/lg-shipping.aspx

The one I saw was in Cirencester

Jamie
    Professional Pest Control without Poisons - Trapping and snaring equipment - www.jllpestcontrol.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Saw one of these the other day and was impressed. Two things that concern me though -

Why are they compared to NV? They project visible light so aren't they more like a green lamp? Compared to a 170 with a green filter they're fairly expensive. But probably better wired!

Many of the US reports seem to say that they just refuse to work in cold weather. That's a pretty big issue over here.

Jamie
    Hi Jamie they do have some trouble in extreme conditions below Zero But its not below Zero that much in most of the UK and if it was I would not want to be out long anyway. The issue is the batteries not the unit itself.

ATB SS

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitSniper177 View Post
    not only that but they dont ship outside of the US look at the shipping information here https://www.lasergenetics.com/lg-shipping.aspx
    Thats Because they are distruibuted by BSA Optics in the UK The link I posted was just for you to see the unit you will be able to buy them from your local gun shop

ATB SS
    Last edited by Silent sentinel; 07-04-2010 at 10:48 PM.

I don't choose when I'm out lamping, and even if I did, paying that much for a gadget, I'd want it to work 365 days a year. It's only 3 degrees here tonight, add a bit of windchill....

Still not convinced it offers much over and above a green lamp. Might persuade the gunshop bloke to give me a demo....

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    i don't choose when i'm out lamping, and even if i did, paying that much for a gadget, i'd want it to work 365 days a year. It's only 3 degrees here tonight, add a bit of windchill....

Still not convinced it offers much over and above a green lamp. Might persuade the gunshop bloke to give me a demo....

Jamie
    trust me jamie you see one and you will want one they are the dogs danglies

atb ss

I did see one, on friday! - http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=447262

Have you seen one in action? How did the bunnies/rats/foxes react to it?

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Silent sentinel View Post
    Thats Because they are distruibuted by BSA Optics in the UK The link I posted was just for you to see the unit you will be able to buy them from your local gun shop

ATB SS
    ok cheers are they available now as i wouldnt mind having a quick look at one or do you reckon my local would have to order one in especialy? just looked on youtube for vids but couldnt find any ones with a demo on

Link to youtube vides etc

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitSniper177 View Post
    ok cheers are they available now as i wouldnt mind having a quick look at one or do you reckon my local would have to order one in especialy? just looked on youtube for vids but couldnt find any ones with a demo on
    Hello mate there is a link to the video in one of my earlier posts its promo though so take a pinch of salt
    My thoughts are though if you use a lamp already and prefer that to NV or cant afford the 1000 quid for a decent bit of kit then these are the best thing out there. Do they freak out the prey I noticed no more spookyness with this unit than I have with normal lamp filter set up in fact I think the frequency of the laser is less spooky. This is a link to my YouTube videos http://www.youtube.com/user/Ghostmaker1970?feature=mhw5 I will be posting a video on it sometime in the next few days if you subscribe or save me to your favourits on there you can look in when it is done

ATB SS

Do you have a vested interest in this Product ?
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Do you have a vested interest in this Product ?
    No I am just a normal bod wanting to share my experience of this awsome bit of kit. I am not saying buy one I am just saying i am going to and if this is your thing then I would check one out for yourself.
    What a suspicious mind you have Steyr

ATB SS