Quote Originally Posted by foxy View Post
I was going to say that i have just taken on a Zeiss agency and might be able to help but i will not sell a scope to anyone ecpecting to return it after mounting on a rifle . Incidentaly if the packaging is opened on a Night force scope it cannot be returned to the importer and so please be carefull before ordering. You may offend or get upset at the responc you get from a dealer
Foxy
Foxy, as a retailer (which I presume you are) surely you are aware of the consumer credit act. The law states that ANYONE buying something over the internet i.e. the consumer has been unable to view the goods before purchase, has the legal write to return those goods if for some reason they are not happy with them.

I ask that you credit me with a bit of common decency if I was to buy a Zeiss scope from which ever retailer I choose, I would have NO intention on mounting it on a rifle and using it unless I was going to keep it (I never said I was intending on mounting it)

My intention would be to buy one carefully open the box carefully take the scope out and have a look through it with someone else holding a lamp, if I don't like it then it WILL be returned to the retailer in the exact same condition it was sent to me in and I WILL receive a full refund.