Thread: Zeiss Diavari V 6-24x72* illuminated rifle scope

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballie View Post
    Foxy, as a retailer (which I presume you are) surely you are aware of the consumer credit act. The law states that ANYONE buying something over the internet i.e. the consumer has been unable to view the goods before purchase, has the legal write to return those goods if for some reason they are not happy with them.
    Actually, that's the distance selling regulations, and they do require the goods returned to be unused and in saleable condition - even though you've said you're not going to mount the scope on a rifle, I'm guessing some would and that (If it causes any marks at all) means a refund could be refused...as could damaged packaging if the goods can't be resold as new.

Any protection under the CCA only applies if you buy via CC, whereas the distance selling regs apply to any mail order transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffk View Post
    Actually, that's the distance selling regulations
    Thanks jeffk, I knew we had some rights just got mixed up.

Just to clarify to anyone else reading this, goods cannot be used and then returned, that would clearly be ethically and morally wrong.

I hope to hear from Marky610 soon then after looking at his I will know if I want one anyway.

Ballie,
    You won't be dissapointed with the Zeiss........ I have a 6X24 X 56 IR Diavari, It has been tested alongside my Kahles 8X50, Swarovski 8X56 and Leica 8X42 Bino's. I can honestly say that it performs in low light aswell as my Leica's and they are awesome!

£1300 is an awful lot of money but IMO the scope is well worth it.

Take a look through Marky's and you'll be converted.

Kind Regards
    Peter

Update

Well I have decided to bite the bullet and order one, so I can have a good look through it. I have ordered it from The Sportsman Gun Centre and I told the sales guy of my intention to have a look through it and if I wasn’t impressed I would like to send it back for a refund, the guy was very happy to sell it to me on that bases.

I will post back once I have tried it.

I ordered a ZEISS Victory Diavari 6-24x56T Illuminated reticle 60 @ £1,299.99

Nowhere near Stowmarket Suffolk thank god
    I dont think you will be disapointed but it is a lot of money

I wish there was something nearly as good at half the price