Thread: Schofields

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    .y
    Fantastic initial review. Thanks Patric. Mine arrives this weekend. Can't wait (but guess I'll have to, lol ). Atb: G.
    It's here! ... I went for the antique finished BB firing example with the faux ivory grips. The finish is truly fantastic. No wonder Taiwan wanted to ensure their country's name was on it as the country of origin via the wording 'MADE IN TAIWAN' as Patric has pointed out? But seeing as how said acid etched wording is no more than ten point tall, no more than an inch in length, and subtly only on the right hand side just above the grip, seriously, as Patric also pointed out, this really is not a problem.

The break-action is similar to that on my Webley MkVI antique finish BB pistol, and also as with my Webley MkVI, the Schofield incorporates an intriguing mechanism which pushes the cartridges up off their seats as the pistol is broken to aid their easy removal/replacement.

Being the BB version, loading the cartridges is simple as they load from the front, so all I do is pour a hand full of BB shot into an old up-turned Pringles lid (the lip stops the shot from escaping), then one by one place a removed cartridge front tip over a BB (holed to accommodate the ball), gently press down to secure the shot in place (learned this trick with my Webley, whose cartridges also load from the front), re-load all six to the revolver mechanism, and once loaded, close the barrel mechanism, and Bob is your Uncle.

Accuracy at ten yards while I am getting used to my new BB Schofield this morning already seems considerably better than with my BB Peacemaker, and on an even parr with my aforementioned Webley BB Mk.VI. Further up-dates to follow, but at present, am thoroughly delighted, and can't see that changing any time soon. As said, more later . Atb: G.

Last edited by Gareth W-B; 16-12-2017 at 09:58 AM. Reason: clarification.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.