Thread: Nikel plating webley's question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My two Webleys. Both already plated. Anyone know if post war Mk1 or Premier has this as a factory option?
    I think the chances of sourcing a Ni Barrel joint stop screw are slim. :-(

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobiasstrip View Post
    My two Webleys. Both already plated. Anyone know if post war Mk1 or Premier has this as a factory option?
    I think the chances of sourcing a Ni Barrel joint stop screw are slim. ]
    Nice pair of pistols.

The post-war Mark 1 was available in both nickel and chrome plated versions from Webley, but they did not offer these options with the Premier. Even so, there are a few plated Premiers about, which would have been non-factory modifications carried out by individuals.

How fussy are you about getting the exact keeper screw? You could round off a 7BA cheesehead bolt in a Dremel and leave it in the polished state. While not an exact fit, 7BA will screw into the Webley thread a fair way and give you a sound fix. It would certainly look better than showing a blued screw head.

Thumbs up

I've a couple of silver Premiers too, The one with brown grips is very bright, I paid £8 out of the Ad Mag when it only came out on fridays, It wouldn't work!

I think it must have been plated with something as it never rusts (Neither have!)

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/