Thread: Sportsmatch GC2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    My 'Greasy Two' is serial no: 75 and has the 5 slots on the muzzle break which I have been told makes it a Mk 3.

HTH
    Ian
    There seems to be a good deal of varying opinions as to how many of these guns were made in their corresponding Mk's.
    Does anyone know if are any official records kept anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by John RR View Post
    There seems to be a good deal of varying opinions as to how many of these guns were made in their corresponding Mk's.
    Does anyone know if are any official records kept anywhere.
    To complicate matters even more I have another 'Greasy', a true left hander (stock and button) and that also has 5 slots in the muzzle break and that is numbered 25 !
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    I have a Mk1 (Mk2)number 25 in left hand serviced by Dave Brayford, was going to have it up upgraded to the Mk3 valving but decided to keep it as a true Mk1 (Mk2)
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    I have a Mk1 (Mk2)number 25 in left hand serviced by Dave Brayford, was going to have it up upgraded to the Mk3 valving but decided to keep it as a true Mk1 (Mk2)
    Thanks Gordon, I already have a Mk 1 no 18, right hand with Mk 3 valving. As a matter of interest Paul at Sportsmatch has told me there are no longer any Mk 3 bleed valves available.

Regards, John.

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Thanks Gordon, I already have a Mk 1 no 18, right hand with Mk 3 valving. As a matter of interest Paul at Sportsmatch has told me there are no longer any Mk 3 bleed valves available.

Regards, John.
    Thanks for the info John , originaly when I asked Dave to service the rifle ,I asked about having the Mk3 valving, but he said leave it as a Mk1 . Bit less on number of shots and hard on the old thumb, but only for a couple of shots.
    I tend to fill it to about 180bar tis getting on a bit now ��
    Last edited by gordon; 02-07-2017 at 01:29 PM.
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

Regards, John.
    hi,

I believe there are only a few cylinders, barrels and the odd service part left. I bought up the last breech blocks, probes and complete trigger units to keep my old girls going.

Pete

Does anyone know if there was a internal difference between the flat and curved triggers on the GC2.
    Mine is a Mk 1 no 18 and has a curved trigger which I believe was an optional extra.

Does anyone know if there was a internal difference between the flat and curved triggers on the GC2.
    Mine is a Mk 1 no 18 and has a curved trigger which I believe was an optional extra.
    No difference other than the blade. I have a spare flat blade if you are interested?

Pete