Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Black powder

I stand corrected

Quote Originally Posted by DedIdick View Post
    Directly from the HSE, page 100. "Explosive Regulations 2014"

I rest my case.

Only thing being whether these "regulations" are actually enforceable as there seems to be a lot of "Should" and not many "Must".
    No mention of storage of Pyrodex when bought or even when the FO came to inspect my box.I only use BP now either Swiss or Kirklees special mix.
    No question asked when I bought Pyrodex and what for from the Gunshops owner ???
    I had a box from day one when I had a ML. But the Pyrodex was on the shelves not in a container of any sort unless the 25 tubs he had were all empty?? Maybe a bit of education is needed 😎

Quote Originally Posted by DedIdick View Post
    You still need the approved storage box for Pyrodex and other smokeless powders!
    Have a look at thread 17. This has been discussed previously.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....uestions/page2

Look at paragraph 27 of the 2014 explosives act. Putting any BP subistitute or smokeless powder in a box is advisory.

Atb

Ah, 'adviso/ary'. We have not yet reached the point where 'Alles, was nicht verboten ist, ist obligatorisch' [everything that is not forbidden is compulsory], but it sounds like a good idea anyhow.

tac

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    Ah, 'adviso/ary'. We have not yet reached the point where 'Alles, was nicht verboten ist, ist obligatorisch' [everything that is not forbidden is compulsory], but it sounds like a good idea anyhow.

tac
    My view is that if the rule book/law doesn't say you can't do it then you can. I know too many people who think that if the rule book/law doesn't say you can do it then you can't! I am told that the former is enshrined in the magna carta.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Quote Originally Posted by DesG View Post
    My view is that if the rule book/law doesn't say you can't do it then you can. I know too many people who think that if the rule book/law doesn't say you can do it then you can't! I am told that the former is enshrined in the magna carta.
    You may well be right, I've not read my copy of the Magna Carta for a while, I must admit. On the other hand, you could be totally wrong, as the MC was nothing to do with the common man, but was worded to allow the barons and lordly landowners more freedomes to raise their own taxes.

Might you be thinking of the shot-down in flames and ignored 1689 Bill of Rights? The one that says that every Protestant man should have a gun?

tac

Variously quoted: "Everything which is not forbidden is allowed" is a constitutional principle of English law—an essential freedom of the ordinary citizen or subject. The converse principle—"everything which is not allowed is forbidden"—used to apply to public authorities, whose actions were limited to the powers explicitly granted to them by law.[1] The restrictions on local authorities were lifted by the Localism Act 2011 which granted a "general power of competence" to local authorities.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi