Thread: Chronometer Recommendations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    amadablam,

IIRC, the Magnetospeed V3's senstiivity needs turning up for air rifle use ( 8 or 9), and the bore to sensor spacing needs to be as small as possible.

The Magnetospeed V3 works superbly with centre & rimfires

Never tried it with air rifles.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    I may be mistaken but I have heard that they only record velocities above 1,000 fps.
    Thanks for that 😊 I better do a bit of research on the models and suitability.

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    amadablam,

IIRC, the Magnetospeed V3's senstiivity needs turning up for air rifle use ( 8 or 9), and the bore to sensor spacing needs to be as small as possible.

The Magnetospeed V3 works superbly with centre & rimfires

Never tried it with air rifles.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Thanks for that Russ

I would be delighted if I had one chronograph to do everything.

Would it be so easy 😊as I've rimfire as well as centre fires and it looks extremely capable for those.

Cheers

Just had an E-mail from Competition electronics ref The Pro-Chrono digital, I wanted one of their interface cable set up's.

Seems none of their kit is CE approved so should not be available over here but it's a superb bit of kit.

BL-9900 Chronograph

My chrono arrived a couple of weeks ago. I was disappointed to find that the Bluetooth App would not connect and after a few emails to the manufacturer i was told an updated app would soon be available for this unit so i decided to be fair and wait before posting a review.

The new app cam out a couple of days ago and i have been waiting for some half decent weather to make a quick test. It works fine with only the usual drawbacks to this type of chrono ie i had difficulty getting readings on a bright sunny day but with a slight overcast it works 100%. The range of the Bluetooth is a bit disappointing at only a couple of meters but that's OK as i want the chrono to be near the muzzle to get a truer reading. You can program all your favorite pellet makes into the app so when you select the pellet you are using you get instant FP readings.

More as i get more use out of it.

Cheers Ian