I rang the RFD today and he answered the phone.

He had been on a cruise since Christmas, hence no reply recently.

So, the Vigilante's going back on Wednesday and we'll see what he has.

We couldn't talk for long. He doesn't have a HW40 in at present. He has a Ratbuster. But I've got two of them already, one mini-carbined and one standard. I could toy with it along the lines of steel breech, longer .177 barrel and MiM rear sight, making it quite different to the other two. But tricking it up thus will seriously up the budget.

But I would really prefer another boingery thing. I asked if he had any good used pistols. He has a Hurricane in but I've never really fancied the looks of those, preferring the simple lines of the Tempest / Premier / Senior etc. As per comments a few weeks ago, maybe a new Tempest to go with my Brum one? But, then, well, it doesn't feel quite the done thing, does it?

So, I'm thinking back to a few weeks ago.....and I really shouldn't as we're skint.....but if he has a synthetic 30S in stock, I'll be walking out with one of those little sweeties.

If he hasn't, we'll see what nice used boingers he has in. In the past he has always had a decent selection of used springers in. Or maybe a Hatsan 55/60S if they're the eight sort of money?

Two more sleeps.