Thread: Hw35 Leather or synthetic piston seal ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by pelletcaster View Post
    Nobody mentions the differing size of the TP.
    Strange.

Leather seal: TP 4mm
    Synthetic seal: TP 3 mm

So converting from leather to synthetic needs sleeving down the TP to keep good shooting manners.
    yup.. unless of course you do Mick's version of the synthetic conversion, resulting in a lighter piston and a longer stroke, in which case the larger TP may just be OK - but I'd bet it would still benefit from doing down to at least 3.5mm, if not the full 3.0
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    yup.. unless of course you do Mick's version of the synthetic conversion, resulting in a lighter piston and a longer stroke, in which case the larger TP may just be OK - but I'd bet it would still benefit from doing down to at least 3.5mm, if not the full 3.0
    I ended up sleeving the transfer port down to 2.5mm on my O ringed 71mm stroked HW35, Jon.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I ended up sleeving the transfer port down to 2.5mm on my O ringed 71mm stroked HW35, Jon.
    yeah, o-ring with it's otherwise harsher landing would need some cushioning.. but I reckon std HW 30mm synth seal with a 69mm stroke and the 260g ish piston would be alot better on a 4.0mm port than it would with the 331g piston / 61mm stroke !
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.