Thread: These new UKAHFT rules

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Do I take it your personal feedback is don't limit the number of up the peg?
    Feedback is all we are asking for.....
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Charles44 View Post
    Do I take it your personal feedback is don't limit the number of up the peg?
    Feedback is all we are asking for.....
    Yes, don’t limit the number of up the peg shots, as I feel it will ruin the sport. Plus don’t even define and count the number up the peg shots as I feel this is just making it more difficult for volunteers to set club shoots to monthly UKAHFT rules and asking then to give up on UKAHFT rules and set shoots to UKAHFTish rules. Courses are set by volunteers giving up their time. Why do we need to make it more difficult for them.
    Also if a shoot has accidently set up six “up the peg shots” and not realised until after shooters have started the comp, would all six targets be pulled? I doubt it - not managable in my opinion.

Not trying to be awkward, I just don’t want to see our sport go down a potentially different and possibly unintentional route.

Neil Wakelin
    .22 Winner 2014 World HFT Championships (S400)
    Recoiling Winner 2017 World HFT Campionships (HW97k)
    HFT England team 2018, 2019, 2020 (Rhino enhanced HFT500)

The need to define what an up the peg shot limit is has been driven by the occasional comp where small or junior shooters are forced to take prone shots kneeling.
    Defining an maximum barrel height can make course setting and course vetting easier.
    I take the points about limiting numbers and we will absolutely include this in the final review before finalising for 2019
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Charles44 View Post
    The need to define what an up the peg shot limit is has been driven by the occasional comp where small or junior shooters are forced to take prone shots kneeling.
    Defining an maximum barrel height can make course setting and course vetting easier.
    I take the points about limiting numbers and we will absolutely include this in the final review before finalising for 2019
    Thanks Charles. I have no problem in the diagrams and under stand that juniors and "tugg" have shorter arms. It was just the idea of limiiting the number of up the peg shots thst would potentially take the sport in a different direction that worried me.
    Thanks for listening and responding so quickly.
    Neil
    .22 Winner 2014 World HFT Championships (S400)
    Recoiling Winner 2017 World HFT Campionships (HW97k)
    HFT England team 2018, 2019, 2020 (Rhino enhanced HFT500)

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelieneilie View Post
    Thanks Charles. I have no problem in the diagrams and under stand that juniors and "tugg" have shorter arms. It was just the idea of limiiting the number of up the peg shots thst would potentially take the sport in a different direction that worried me.
    Thanks for listening and responding so quickly.
    Neil
    Well I am usually wrong but to my alcohol befuddled mind up the peg and necessitating being in the shoulder are two completely different shots. They both meet different crieteria, Neal you really strike me as someone whose life doesn't allow you to journey into mine so I am sure you need not worry.

Monkey.
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.