Thread: nasty neighbour with a crossbow!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Killjoys thanks for that info though

My last blowpipe was a 'Bic' biro with the innards removed ... ammo was chewed up bits of writing paper ... used to shoot 'near' my history teacher when his back was turned to the class ... he was very old
    Nice action, we used the same sort of arrangement with the end of a shoelace with a pin pushed through it and a bit of tissue on the back to give it some drag, flew surprisngly well but generally only had enough power to get stuck in clothing.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    Nice action, we used the same sort of arrangement with the end of a shoelace with a pin pushed through it and a bit of tissue on the back to give it some drag, flew surprisngly well but generally only had enough power to get stuck in clothing.
    The brother in law once dropped a carpenter with a homemade blowgun. He was laying out fiberboard for a/c ductwork and a fellow kept tossing 16d nails at him when he wasn't looking. He took some electrical conduit and a wire tie nut with a little cone of aluminum tape on it so it sealed in the pipe. The target was working on second floor facia while standing on the lower roof. He was shot through the window and intended to have his chest as a target. The dart hit him square between the eyes causing him to fall and nearly roll off the roof. Very funny and very dangerous at the same time. They quit throwing nails at my brother in law at least.
    Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich rule.