Thread: How and when did your particular air gun collecting bug actually bite.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Mitchell 300's mmmmm. now me n you really have some catching up to do !

jOHN.
    If you are a Mitchell fan also then yes mate, kindred spirits or what .
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    Oh my word but Yes !
    How long have yer got, are you a Carper, a Redmire buff perhaps ?

John.
    “An airgun or two”………

Oh my word but Yes !
    How long have yer got, are you a Carper, a Redmire buff perhaps ?

John.
    Well I am a passionate Grayling fisherman really John and long standing member of the Grayling society. I also love catching Tench, Bream, Dace, Barbel and Crucian Carp. Carp are pretty far down on my list to be honest. Although Redmire pool is the Twickenham of the fishing world and I would love to just walk its banks, let alone fish there.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Well I am a passionate Grayling fisherman really John and long standing member of the Grayling society. I also love catching Tench, Bream, Dace, Barbel and Crucian Carp. Carp are pretty far down on my list to be honest. Although Redmire pool is the Twickenham of the fishing world and I would love to just walk its banks, let alone fish there.
    Say na more on here, I'll catch up on the 15th June !

John.
    “An airgun or two”………

Say na more on here, I'll catch up on the 15th June !

John.
    Looking forward to it John .

edbear2 Guest
    I got back into Pike fishing last year after a 40 year break mate...I'll tell you a funny story when we next meet...All my kit was off the bay, a nice 300 with 3 spools in a bag for £15 odd quid, and a cracking (unused looking) Lee of Redditch 9'6" fibreglass spinner with safety twist ferrule, all agate rings and champagne anodizing for not much more...I use old re-hooked snapdragon plugs and vintage spoons and Colorados, and last time out got some sniggers from the multi-rod carbon youngsters...as I did in the shop when I asked what the hell a "jerkbait" was

I caught an 8 pound Pike in front of them, and you should have seen their faces

It's a bit like shooting old guns, or maybe I am just awkward (or believe that fish don't worry if you have spent a grand on tackle as long as you stick something in front of them that looks edible).

Sorry to wander off topic........most unlike me!

ATB, Ed

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    I got back into Pike fishing last year after a 40 year break mate...I'll tell you a funny story when we next meet...All my kit was off the bay, a nice 300 with 3 spools in a bag for £15 odd quid, and a cracking (unused looking) Lee of Redditch 9'6" fibreglass spinner with safety twist ferrule, all agate rings and champagne anodizing for not much more...I use old re-hooked snapdragon plugs and vintage spoons and Colorados, and last time out got some sniggers from the multi-rod carbon youngsters...as I did in the shop when I asked what the hell a "jerkbait" was

I caught an 8 pound Pike in front of them, and you should have seen their faces

It's a bit like shooting old guns, or maybe I am just awkward (or believe that fish don't worry if you have spent a grand on tackle as long as you stick something in front of them that looks edible).

Sorry to wander off topic........most unlike me!

ATB, Ed

The amount of older guys who stop for a gab when they see one of my Mitchells is amazing Ed (I rotate these like you do your rifles). But like you I do get sniggers when seen out with my old style tackle. Most are surprised when they find I use them on purpose in favour of the newer Shimano baitrunner types and actually enjoy using them . They are even more surprised when they find out I collect and renovate them too AND HAVE OVER 40 . Mitchells seem to peak and trough price wise and are really cheap at the moment. I love using these old reels, just like I love using vintage BSA's even my centrepin reel for long trotting is an ancient Trudex of 1950s vintage. I love stripping and rebuilding them both too. Although my rods are purpose built, long and very ''tippy'' to middle in action as most of my fishing is fast moving rivers or large glacial mountain lakes. Couldn't give a toss what the younger ones think Ed most I've met are all the gear no idea anyway .