Thread: Sling studs, yay or nay?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    So what Used item shows signs of being used shock horror, it's not a priceless work of art...it's a gun, it's meant to be taken out & used.
    I can understand both points, as it will be a working gun there will undoubtedly be a few marks picked up but it will also be my pride and joy being the single most expensive rifle I have ever bought so minimising the amount of marks will be on my mind so I will be extra careful in its use e.g using some kind of padding between the stock and the bipod to minimise damage/marking to the wraparound checkering of the forend.
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, but mostly I just sits.

Quote Originally Posted by hedgemumper View Post
    I can understand both points, as it will be a working gun there will undoubtedly be a few marks picked up but it will also be my pride and joy being the single most expensive rifle I have ever bought so minimising the amount of marks will be on my mind so I will be extra careful in its use e.g using some kind of padding between the stock and the bipod to minimise damage/marking to the wraparound checkering of the forend.
    Inner tube from a wheelbarrow/trailer type wheel is good, pushbike tubes are a bit too thin unless doubled up.

Quote Originally Posted by hedgemumper View Post
    my £30 bipod has a rubber strip on the face that meets the stock . you could change it for thick neoprene rubber.. We used to use it for sealing coolant holes in cylinder heads when pressure testing .https://www.theplasticshop.co.uk/ord...c-samples.html ask for a sample of the size you need.

Or you could look and see if you can find a used stock and swap it then when you go to sell it you have a new stock to go on it.

I know people that buy used or cheap plastics for their enduro motor bikes and keep the fully stickered new ones for when they sell it . the decal sets can cost more than the plastics in some cases .
    Last edited by bighit; 18-03-2018 at 04:29 PM.

Range use no. Hunting yes. Trying having a slash in the field while carrying a rifle with no sling.....

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    Range use no. Hunting yes. Trying having a slash in the field while carrying a rifle with no sling.....
    prop it up against a tree or fence

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    And this is the best reason by far, also carrying what you've shot, and dispatching if needed, I knew a chap who was known to dispatch rabbits by picking them up by the back legs and bashing their heads against a tree, personally I'm quite happy to put the gun on the ground, but to me it's just a tool of the trade, that doesn't mean I abuse them, they always get a wipe down afterwards. Rog