Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
Hello,

Even a later original box in reasonable condition can easily add £20-£30 to a pistols value. Premier's have the series denoted by an upper case letter A-F stamped below the trigger guard on the left hand side of the frame. First, determine the series and then obtain some photos to at get at least some idea of the cosmetic condition also ensuring that the pistol is complete and fully functional before going ahead with a purchase. A fragile area on all Webley air pistols is the grips which are often found chipped at the bottom corners as a result of care not being taken with aligning the locating pin before tightening the grip retaining screws.

If you are happy with the above £180 sounds like a very fair price for a boxed first series Webley Premier.

Hope this helps.

Brian
Hi Brian and all who helped. Big thank you. I've tried posting but not sure if it worked so here's another one. I bought the premier Mk1 and its in good nick for a nearly 50 year old! I have been cleaning the outside ( mild gun oil ) just to help clean the pitting a bit. Tony at his Camo and airgun centre was a sound guy who was very knowledgeable and fair with his prices. I will hopefully post some pics when I learn how to. !! Once again big thank you to all.