Thread: FAC springs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by endure View Post
    spring - a piece of curved or bent metal that can be pressed into a smaller space but then returns to its usual shape:

A spring is only a FAC spring when it's fitted to a gun. Otherwise it's just a piece of twisted metal.
    And even that would depend on the situation,

Perhaps this spring would fit a different rifle where it would be under 12fpe

Only once a collection of parts are assembled in to a working item does that collection of parts become "an air rifle" at which point the owner/builder must ensure that it complies with UK law.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post

Only once a collection of parts are assembled in to a working item does that collection of parts become "an air rifle" at which point the owner/builder must ensure that it complies with UK law.
    I run a Diana 52 with the full FAC spring installed, the gun is sleeved to 25mm and has 75mm stroke, with the 16J spring it produced 8fpe so I needed the stiffer spring to produce 11fpe as the spring is no where near compressed to produce the energy needed for fac.

It gets more complicated by the minute.

What I do hate to see is gun shops openly selling FAC springs to any punter and just saying this spring will make the gun shoot well. Case in point was sale of an OX to a HW80 owner in a shop local to me. After the lad left I questioned the sale...and was told its just a spring, and nowt to do with us what the punter does with it.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post

Apologies AB, I did not copy you, just read your post re "Perhaps this spring would fit a different rifle where it would be under 12fpe" - parallel thinking
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS