Quote Originally Posted by fatttmannn View Post
yes allways thought they should have made a Delux version with a better triguer and say a better quallity stock. Myself I beleve it would have sold or even paid say Venom/ Airmasters/ SFS/Airgun Centure to do some internall work on her. The writer Freddie Dalgetty wrote some articles on the S for AGW and he felt the same. But hey thats history how many times have we had a good product and then not invested, look at the first 4x4 production saloon, no not the Audi Quattro( great car) the Jenson -Intercepter FF, or the Austin Ant 4x4 that could have given Leyland the SUV market, instead the idea was taken up by Suzuki etc. We were the work shop of the world, now we just assemble things with parts sourced from elsewhere poor management, lack of investment and development and we give the markets to foriegn competators
Well said, I also feel that BSA could have put a bit more thought into in, instead of all the accessories (the scope was crap anyway and if the gun bags handles fall apart without even being used, then what quality was that), put the money into the rifle itself, little touches like a gold plated trigger and loading tap lever or an anodized trigger block and defo a better quality walnut stock (preferably in the later Deluxe style stock) and I would have personally used the carbine barrel as I think the long barrel looks too geeky hanging over the edge of the stock like that.

Pete